For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Adobe is offering CS5 to Elements owners for $299.00. Those of you who use CS5, would this really be a benefit? How is the learning curve? My DH thinks I should probably get it if I think it would be of help, but I don't know. Is the new fun stuff worth the price?

Any comments will be gratefully received (I have just a few days left to decide).

TIA
Tennie i did that last year. I love working in cs5. I have barely explored it. I think there are a lot of things that are done pretty much the same but there are some tools cs5 has that really made it worth it to me. I do however wish i had went with cs5 extended for the 3d stuff.
edit of earlier post:
Tennie, I believe Chas mentioned that CS6 is coming out soon. Whereas, I hear great things about CS5 from those who already have it, the same type upgrade offer could be available for elements users who wish to upgrade to CS6. (Might be worth investigating.)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Photoshop offers some sneak previews.

fwiw: I'm convinced that full version photoshop is worth the upgrade for those who wish to have extensive control of brush creation, write wonderful actions, create their own styles, use channels, have the wonderful curves adjustment layer, create vectors, make easier & better selections, have HDR toning options, use content aware fill, have KULOR inside PS, & etc, etc. (Should you decide to upgrade, I'd like to suggest a month or so of Lynda subscription for Deke McClelland's courses --the best CS PS tutorials.)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Thanks, Judy and BJ. I'm still considering..........
Oh BJ that was a fantastic suggestion on tutorials i am contemplating Lyndas subscription but i want to wait until my overtime dies down. Tennie with your talent i really believe you will fall in love with photoshop no matter the version. I to am at a crossroads debates upgrading to cs5 extended or waiting for 6.
Tennie, if you decide to wait, Photoshop deals will likely be available when/if you decide to upgrade.
I upgraded in 08 with the same deal that you are considering now. Hopefully, a similar upgrade offer will be available next year, etc.
fwiw --One of the things I love most about full version, is the ability to write actions. They are huge effort savers -- so efficient & take up very little space in memory. I use them everyday -- ex: stamp visible, resizing images, selecting midtones, highlights or shadows & placing them into an adjustment layer mask, etc. It's wonderful to write & rewrite an action to fit one's specific needs.

Judy, I consider the $25 Lynda monthly subscription to be a bargain, especially when one can watch any video anytime of the day or night. Books, etc usually cost more & they require sitting there reading. Watching is easier & much more fun! I usually subscribe 2 or 3 times a year, when the weather is 'stay indoors weather'.
Hope you find time to try it a month.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
6 posts Page 1 of 1