For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Seems like the low traffic issue is not confined to this forum. I've noticed that traffic volume on other photo/photoshop web forums has decreased also. One administrator at another forum blames the switch to "social networking " sites. Twitter,Facebook, and You Tube all have increased traffic. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Hi Chas, it sure is nice to hear from you. I hope you will be back with us soon on a regular basis - after your arm-shoulder feels good.

re the slow traffic -- the weather might have something to do with things slowing down. It is spring in some parts of the USA, so maybe a lot of folks are involved with non-internet activities.

Hopefully, Russ will reconsider & becoming part of the forum again.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Chas,

That makes sense that social networking sites may be part of the reason for a decrease in activity on photography forums. I have a facebook account, but I don't post on it often and I rarely use it to post photos. I have not used flickr or any of the other sites, although I've browsed them a couple times. I find the volume overwhelming. One of the things I like about a site like ours is the sense of community. And it's a community small enough (OK, too small right now, but in the past...) small enough to know each other. I guess the giant photo sharing websites have so many sub-forums I could find one of those and it would become a new community to me. I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression that those sites are more for photo sharing and less for tutorials, teaching each other, and extended discussions.

Courtney
Glad to hear someone address this issue. I love this site because of the comaraderie among the participants. I also have a Facebook account and I post there with our local camera club. It's a group a lot like this site. Just full of fine photos and help if you need it.
I, too, have noticed a decrease in participation. With that said, this is the first place I log in to. I don't like FB. I don't participate much, but I feel very comfortable here and admire the creativity of our members.
5 posts Page 1 of 1