For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
When I modified my new feeder last year, all my problems seemed to be resolved. The addition of a 4-inch baffle stopped the little devils from simply climbing right up the metal pole. This morning I looked out the window to see a squirrel up on top of everything, just chomping away. I rapped on the window glass, he jumped down, and then I waited. After no time he returned and I could see how he did it.
DSC_0923.JPG
DSC_0923.JPG (127.37 KiB) Viewed 1738 times

The little guy would shinny up the pole right to the bottom of the baffle and then just fling himself straight up with his arm stretched out as far as he could reach. He could just manage to snag the top of the baffle and pull himself up. This talented acrobat can probably make it with Cirque du Soleil.

Hmmmmmm. Off to the hardware store.
DSC_0925.JPG
DSC_0925.JPG (142.06 KiB) Viewed 1738 times

My next photograph may well show him back eating the suet cakes and I will have no idea how he did it.

I'll admit, matching wits with the relentless squirrels is a lot of fun.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Such well trained squirrels!!! :rotfl: They'll keep you entertained for sure.
Rusty i am glad you are continuing sharing squirrel wars with us. They sure are smart they seem to always find a way.
It has been a while since we got a squirrel report. Little B's are persistent follows.

Can't wait to hear the end of the story! :biggrin:
John
You're doing them a favor, keeping them from getting bored. That's what you're supposed to do for pets, give them stimulating toys. They might not appreciate the challenge as much as you do though.

Courtney
It is definitiely a full time job to stay 1 step ahead of them. :P
It sure is a lot of fun.
I'm disappointed that I have not yet seen one attempting to, unsuccessfully, get past the "bell" on the end of the baffle.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
7 posts Page 1 of 1