For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Went to the annual Brady Street Festival Saturday ... it's essentially a big block party. This is in one of the old, East Side neighborhoods of Milwaukee. When I'm searching for photo ops, I am always intrigued by the variety of old commercial and residential buildings along the street. This dates back to the days when the city had hundreds of such neighborhoods, each complete with schools, churches, and retail stores, all within walking distance of your home.
Brady Street.jpg
Brady Street.jpg (154.48 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

I thought the similar Locust Street Festival I went to last month had much better photo ops, but I did have two BMX bikers this time. My first opportunity for such shots. I used burst mode, got tons of images and three of four were worth doing something with. I got a bit "arty" with these:
DSC_1570 post.jpg
DSC_1570 post.jpg (141.52 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

DSC_1572 post.jpg
DSC_1572 post.jpg (148.08 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Very nice photos Rusty.

I'm sure you had a wonderful time.
Thank you, Russ.
Yes, I enjoyed wandering around.

Rusty

Rusty that looks like such fun! And i love what you did with the bike photo.
I really like your last photo - the arty one of the headless bmxer. I think it really works. And also the photo of the the small space between the two buildings. That's a cool perspective.

Courtney
Thanks, Courtney.
As I said, shooting in burst mode, you're never quite sure what you'll end up with. I had quite a few headless bikers.
I also thought the two buildings were pretty neat... a single-family house right between two retail buildings.

Rusty

Oh my i had to go back and look that is a real tight space between the buildings!
7 posts Page 1 of 1