For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi to everyone
I had my knee replacement surgery 3 weeks ago. I am doing ok so far but the deresssion is starting to take over. I am having a hard time trying to concentrate on anything and everything makes me cry. I start physical therapy next week and hope that will give me a little jump start to feeling better. I have been checking in to see if I can even read the posts but find it hard to even think these days.
Brighter days ahead I hope.
Tina B
tina, I hope you feel better. Are you on pain meds? A friend of mine was very emotional when she was on some prescription medication after her surgery.

Courtney
Yes I am on pain meds and I also suspect that to be a problem. Just to soon to end the meds and trying to just get by on the lowest amount.
Tina B
I had my knee replacement surgery done this past May. I hated being on the pain meds also, but found that trying to get off them too soon was almost as bad as being on them. I didn't get emotional because of them, but I wasn't able to do some of the things that I loved doing (like reading), and when I wasn't able to get around couldn't concentrate enough to do any. So I watched too much TV, which got real boring after a while.

Once you start your PT (why'd they make you wait so long?) you'll be glad you have the meds. I learned to take mine before having PT, and took them early enough before PT that they would be kicking in when I had it. Pushing through the pain while under medication was a lot easier than without it, both before and after. And don't forget the ice packs! You will need them!

Hang in there. The day will soon come when you will be glad you did it. I know I am. Wish I had done it a lot sooner than I had. :thumbsup:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Hang in there, Tina. Better days are ahead! After my shoulder surgery, I had to get off the pain meds because they were causing me to hallucinate. PT will start off slow but you'll be better and stronger before you know it.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Tina, I haven't been through anything like this so I can't offer anything specific.
I can send best wishes and good thoughts your way.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I had my first PT session today that came up early. So as the end of the day nears :crying: my knee is killing me but from what I understand no pain no gain. Extra pain killers are due before bedtime tonight.

Tina B
Shamus and I wish you a speedy recovery, Tina.
Anita

Shamus and Anita
You brought a smile to my face today.
Thanks
Tina
Tina, The physical stress of surgery could also have depleted your serotonin levels which can lead to a temporary clinical depression. Several of the symptoms you list are red flags. If not improving, talk to your MD. There are meds that can help your body get those levels back to normal. Linda,RN
12 posts Page 1 of 2