For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
114 posts Page 8 of 12
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
I realize there are problems with this photo (motion blur, camera shake, dirty glass in the viewing area, distortion, & more), but it is so cute of the kids & mom that I wanted to share it. (It is one of my favorites.)

A few seconds before this shot, the gorilla was sitting peacefully in some straw, facing 45 deg from the kids. Then she sprung up & spun around toward the kids. The mom looks to be enjoying the whole thing, but the little girl was on the verge of tears.
I hate to report that since this photo was captured, the gorilla (50+yrs) passed. She was a treasure for the Dallas Zoo.
Shot through dirty viewing glass.

(I'm posting this in the hopes that things will pick up for the forum. The views & participation are at an all-time low. )

Does anyone else have a favorite to share?
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
I love the photo. The expressions are fantastic. So sad the bear passed. I hope to be posting more soon. I have been real tired lately and not doing much photoshopping. But if you all remember me posting some photos of my front yard ( i mean) the park across the street , i am tickled because the are building me ( i mean the townfolk) a gazzebo. So you bet i will have some new photos soon.
Thanks, Judy. How nice for you & your neighbors that you will have a new gazebo to enjoy.
Looking forward to your posts about it's construction & use. It would be great if its up & decorated for the holidays.
Betty
Betty, yes, I too really like the expressions of the family in your photo.

Judy - your own gazebo, how nice! :D

I was lucky enough to see some fauna this Sunday. She had 2 friends with her, but they kept farther away from us.

Courtney

Attachments

What a nice looking doe ... good catch.
Looks like she's in good shape for winter.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty what a beauty! Great catch.
oops i mean Courtney.
The deer in this park are easy to photograph, they actually approach people to see if you're going to feed them. I've seen a person once with buckets of deer feed (seeds or something, Purina deer chow? I didn't ask.) despite all the signs saying not to feed wildlife. I often see piles of seeds for the birds, deer, etc, on the ground. Perhaps because people are feeding them unprocessed things, not chips and bread crusts, park management doesn't step in. I see it all winter long, so that could explain why the deer look so good! After I took her photo, this doe went over to a pile of large crab apples that someone had dumped there, and helped herself to a couple.

Thank you for the kind comments.

Courtney
Sorry about given Rusty credit for that lovely deer photo. I appreciate the additional information. It is very interesting.
Beautiful deer shot, Courtney. So interesting how the neighborhood folks want to help/feed the wildlife.
The deer around here want to bolt out of the bushes right in front of the car.

Thanks for the comment about the family's expression.

Looking forward to more of your nice Canadian shots.
Betty
I didn't find time to post this truck last month. It was shot for the monthly photos thread for 'Ugly truck'. It might not be considered ugly necessarily, but definitely unusual. - Looks very practical - sort of like a swiss army knife. I think the owner is in the tree-care business, as I noticed some large dead trees had just been cut.
TREE-CUTTER-TRUCK-DENTON-CNTY-BACK by BJ USA, on Flickr

more detailed view http://www.flickr.com/photos/47770383@N05/11388490244/lightbox/
Betty
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
114 posts Page 8 of 12