For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
114 posts Page 7 of 12
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12 Next
Doing a bit of macro, shot the center of a Passion Flower. Love nature up close.

Tennie that is an amazing macro. I love macro shots and this one is top notch.
Great macro. Surprisingly good DOF.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Tennie, that's really nice!

Courtney
Thank you all! Been practicing and sometimes I get lucky.
Terrific shot, Tennie.
Spring is such a wonderful time for macro ops.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
This was/is an extremely poor capture, because of the distance involved & the dim light conditions (it was close to sunset & the bird was backlit). It was an unplanned shot & he immediately flew away. There was no second shot. So, the only reason that this is being posted is for possible help with identification of this new bird in the area.
Mockingbirds rule around here so the bird species list is small, since most are chased away by the mockingbirds.

I've only seen this bird a couple of times & at a long distance. I don't know if yellow & green are accurate colors for the abdomen, or color artifact by the camera. I hope to get a decent shot to help with identification.

My yard is about 40 miles from the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge. Perhaps, the bird was headed for it.

new-bird-500.jpg
new-bird-500.jpg (41.44 KiB) Viewed 808 times

(unfortunate that there is so much artifact & is so soft :crying: )

TIA for info
Betty
Maybe the little guy is a western kingbird.
Thank you, Judy.
After doing a Google, I found some images which are similar to what I posted. Western Kingbird is listed on the bird list of Caddo State Park, which is about 1 1/2 hours east of here. Park info states that the bird is casually seen & is out of normal range--very seldom seen over several years, but can be expected again.

So I'm excited about the possibility of seeing this bird again & to get a more reliable shot.
Thanks again, Judy. I would never have tracked it down without your help.

A couple of years ago, I was able to get a quick shot of a rarely seen bird in this area -- a loggerhead shrike. Aren't cameras wonderful?
Betty
BJ i have no knowledge of birds but was so intrigued i did a search also and it was kind of neat it asked for what area? Size? Colors? Then it showed me some birds - very neat. I saw that little bit of yellow on that belly and thought it just might be. It is so exciting to see these birds and i know it is a true joy for you to capture.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12 Next
114 posts Page 7 of 12