For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I know I asked this last year too. Made my sig brush, saved it in 'my brushes' -- that's fine. But every time I restart Elements the brush is not there. I can 'load' my brushes and it'll be there until I close out Elements.

Someone saved me last year with the way to keep it viable when I load Elements. Sure could use some help again! :help:
Hmmmmm.

I create brushes every January when I want my "name-date" signature to reflect the current year. I get the "signature" I want and then select the signature and do the Edit >Create Brush from selection bit.

I am usually sitting in "Default Brushes" when I do this.

The next time I open PSE, when I select the brush tool and scroll down to the bottom of the choices, it's there. I don't think I have ever had to take any particular effort to "save it".

Dunno if this helps or not.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks, Rusty.
Still not where I want it but I'll keep trying. I always have 'my brushes' selected when saving the new brush. It just doesn't want to stay!
I have found it down at the bottom of the brushes list occasionally, but wish I could get it to stay in the proper set.

Oh well, loading isn't too much of a chore.
I think you'd need to save it with the default brushes set to get it to show all the time.
Thanks, Linda. I got frustrated, sent a copy from my brush folder to desktop, went into Adobe Elements program files (brushes) and deleted 'my brushes'. Then I dragged the folder from desktop into the brushes folder in program files. Voila!!! Now the new brushes appear in the set every time.

Strange, but I knew all that at one time. Joys of getting old!!! :roll:
5 posts Page 1 of 1