For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
We began the monthly photos in December '09. Wonderful photos were contributed by many folks. Those threads were always interesting & fun. Thanks to all who participated
At this time, I'm not sure if the monthly photos challenge should continue. I realize that I have been occupied with other things during the past year & have not contributed much, & I apologize for that.

My questions are:
1. Does someone have interest in starting the threads (as my replacement)?
2. is there enough interest to continue with monthly photos?
3. Should changes be made in the format, if it continues? -- ex: every other month instead of monthly.

I haven't decided about a February Monthly photos thread. --- Maybe, a March edition would be better since spring will be starting for some areas.

Input would be appreciated, either with replies to this post or with a pm.

Thanks
Betty
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Well, I really like the monthly photo 8s, but I have not had time to participate lately. So maybe my opinion shouldn't count for much!

At the rate I've been going, monthly or every other month would both be fine.

Courtney
Courtney, thanks so much for your kind reply.
The past Monthly 8's were just awesome. It was wonderful while it lasted.
Maybe a modified version should go into beta :D

btw - thanks to another member for a very helpful message
Betty
Hi Betty

I have also enjoyed the Monthly 8s. It has made me go out with my camera and look at things from a different perspective. However I have had the easy side of things - note down the subjects and take the photos. I haven't had to think of the many, varied and challeging subjects in the first place!

I would be happy to participate in the challenge in whatever form - monthly, every other month or in another format (which at the moment doesn't spring readily to mind - not very helpful!)

Thanks for all your work over the last few years

Angela
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Angela,

Thank you for taking time to express your support of the Monthly 8's. You have contributed many photos for all to enjoy. They also enlightened the forum about your area of our world.

I've really enjoyed starting the monthly thread. However, I became a bit discouraged & felt perhaps a change is needed to increase interest.

It's so helpful to know you are planning to continue participating. I always look forward to your wonderful images.

Thanks for being such a caring part of our forum.

Betty
Betty
Betty i love viewing the monthly photos. Sadly i create more than i take photos but i love looking at what everyone is snapping. There are so many wonderful sites to see and thanks to all who participate i get to enjoy the blessings of what others see. It is a true joy to me.
Thank you and thanks to all who participate.
ladybug wrote: Betty i love viewing the monthly photos. Sadly i create more than i take photos but ...

Judy, I think it is great that you can create your own um.. creations for lack of a better word, practically from scratch. And if you ever want a photo of Chris or my part of the world to use, just let me know!

Courtney
Courtney that is so sweet and i will be taking you and Chris up on that soon.
Judy, I'm waiting to see a ladybug on the end of Chris' nose!

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
ladybug wrote: i love viewing the monthly photos. Sadly i create more than i take photos but i love looking at what everyone is snapping. There are so many wonderful sites to see and thanks to all who participate i get to enjoy the blessings of what others see. It is a true joy to me.
Thank you and thanks to all who participate.

Judy, Thank you for the lovely comment. Even though you don't post photos often, you are still an active part of the monthly photos threads by providing so many thoughtful & kind comments.

btw - Should you ever find a use for any part/s of my photos, you are totally welcome to them. (Unfortunately, I don't have many of people at this time, & those that I do have can't compete with the wonderful photos of Chris that Courtney shares.)
--- hoping you find time to continue creating your art & photo books ---
Betty
11 posts Page 1 of 2