For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
I indicated a post as possible spam a few days ago, no acknowledgement, no action. I checked on the visitation of some of our moderators to the site and they have become infrequent visitors.

It was this post - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9806 and the poster has a signature link to a gadgets site and has not been back since minutes after the post.

Visits are few and activity is low. Is this the beginning of the end?
John
I am afraid it is not the beginning of the end, but more like the end of the end. For whatever reason(s), the participation is long gone. Maybe the era of Flickr and Instagram has replaced a community of learning and conversation.

Rusty has been visiting me for a week and he does not go online much when away from his home pc. So he did not see your spam report.

Courtney
Courtney,

Glad to hear your Dad is visiting you!

So many of the original members have dropped and efforts of VIOVIO to spike interest haven't seemed to work either.

For myself, I was never into the challenges, more to learn and help others.

Ah well, I will keep dropping in to see what is happening, but . . . .
John
I have not been around much here either. I do drop in once in a while to see if anything is new here but usually nothing new. There was such enthusiasm when we first started here so what changed? How can we fix it? I do enjoy the friends I have met here but it seems like less and less are here all the time.

Tina B
As Courtney said, I have been away from my 'puter. Didn't see that post, didn't see your note.

I agree that it looks more like an attempt to post a spam link rather than a valid request for info. I hesitate to simply delete his post ... it might be a valid post. But I doubt it as he has not been back to the site since making that post.

I agree about the apparent lack of interest. So many people have become former participants. "Former" as in months and months ... even years.

Sad to say, it's not a place to learn anymore.

Rusty

PS - the Great Frozen North was a lot warmer than what I came home to!
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Just saw this thread. Seems like everyone has gone to "greener pastures". Participation is waaaaaay down. Guess everyone has gone to either Twitter or Facebook or Flicker. We really had a great feeling of "community" here. There are very few of us left from the early days of this forum. I guess a bunch of folks will pay through the nose for Adobe's creative cloud. I won't be one of them. I can't see subscribing for a lot of cloud content that I'll never use. Future updates to Photoshop will only come through a cloud subscription. Sorry for the rant.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas,

I've heard professional photographers ripping into Adobe for this CS pricing change, and they are the ones most likely able to afford it and write it off as a business expense. I hope it doesn't apply to PSE because it would certainly make it more expensive. I wouldn't subscribe.

Courtney
Hi kids, I also reported that spam.

Sorry I won't be able to participate much for a while...have to find out what's wrong with me. And when I do I will need to get my knee replacement replaced. I am still out shooting, but get really sapped out after a few hours. Can't seem to concentrate then. I'm still playing with some photos when I can, mostly mornings (yes, I'm posting to Flickr because it's easy and I don't have to worry about size there).

I do plan on stopping in and seeing what everyone is doing. I must admit that the thing I always enjoyed the most here was learning different techniques and applying them. Oh well, things tend to change.

Did read about Adobe going to the Cloud...$600.00 a year and you don't own it, just have to keep paying forever if you want to use it. Glad I'm happy with Elements and don't care if I upgrade or not.

:love:
Thanks to John for starting this thread & to all those who have replied.

Some of you are aware that I have found a niche at OPR restoring damaged family photos of those who have suffered disasters. btw, I know how they feel after losing loved photos, as I lost many during a flood.

I try to find motivation for photography, but I regret to say, I'd much rather restore than shoot, etc. However, I still enjoy dropping by to see what is being posted, as I always enjoy seeing the wonderful contributions.

I don't have a link to a restoration gallery because OPR prefers to keep the family photos from public view, when possible. (Some families submit photos of family who have passed & it might cause unhappiness to know those photos are being displayed.) fwiw, I have completed 110 restorations to date & I'm currently working on more.

If Adobe enforces the expensive cloud policy re upgrading, I will not upgrade. Nothing wrong with the version I have.

Tennie, I hope you feel better soon.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Folks i love our forum here and will always check in. Tennie hope things get better for you soon.
They can keep creative cloud for me it is a pocket liner for adobe. (screw the little guy). I hope to eventually purchase cs6 extended if they still have it available. But my little pockets do not want to pay for something i will never own. I am disappointed in adobe.

My computer is down so i have not been on lately but will be back as soon as it is repaired i am using a really old laptop right now.
I love my family here and hope we can keep our little home here alive. I am not a flicker or facebook person so i love the forum.
Betty you are a fantastic restorer and you do a wonderful thing for people who have damaged photos of their memories. I wish i had half your skill. See you all when my desk top is fixed.
16 posts Page 1 of 2