For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
We have a lot of deer around the neighborhood. It's not unusual to see them around and not uncommon to see fawns in the spring. Although I see deer in my yard from time to time, I have never had a fawn near the house.

Yesterday and again today a large female was in the yard nosing around the bird feeder. This afternoon I went out to a part of my lot seldom visited and not really in view from other parts of the yard. I saw something in the grass; my first thought was some sort of trash that had blown in.
DSC_1818 yard.jpg
DSC_1818 yard.jpg (126.96 KiB) Viewed 969 times

I walked over to pick it up. Surprise, surprise.
Nap Time.jpg
Nap Time.jpg (147.79 KiB) Viewed 969 times

I decided to delay my planned activity to tomorrow and retreated to the house An hour later he was still there, another hour after that Mom must have collected him because he was gone ... just a round, flattened depression in the grass.

There is nothing in the photo to add scale, but he was really small. A garbage can lid would just about cover him when curled up with everything tucked in.

Cool.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Oh Rusty your narration of the wonderful event of getting to see this little one so made me smile. I just love the photos. It is such a joy when i am allowed to see such wonders shared through the eyes of my friends. Thank you.
Oh my goodness! That is so neat!! What a little bitty one! Quick, go get some Purina Deer Chow! Or perhaps the squirrels should be worried - I read that deer love peanuts!

I'm giving you an assignment: try to photograph mom and babe together. Extra credit if they are both up and walking. :)

Courtney
Courtney, I spent time in the family room with an eye out the window towards the bird feeders. As that is where I had been seeing the doe I was guessing she could pass back that way after she collected her fawn.

No such luck. I was there ready, complete with big lens, and never saw them leave the yard.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Aww, sweet. But I wouldn't encourage them, just enjoy when they come by. My daughter (northern Wis.) has many through her yard and they eat the flowers and any other plants around.
5 posts Page 1 of 1