For anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category.
45 posts Page 4 of 5
I strongly encourage you to have a look at what has been done in the past.
Yes, the Newsletters are still available (17 if I have them all...)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1294
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Oh Michel those newsletters were so fun. I can see how far i have come since then. They were always so fun.
Judy,
Generally, nostalgy is not my cup of tea.
I'd like to share why I have spent a few hours to see what is left of that wealth.
Yes, picture attachments to posts have disappeared...
But:
- All the posts are there, everybody can check, it's open to all and totally transparent. It's fair to add that there has been no afterward censoring of posts, so that you can see the mood at the beginning of the forum. 68 new registering just one hour after the annoucement!
- The news letters and tutorial are there.
- No problem with the Viovio galleries
- I have been asked to be a moderator in January 2009, to help fighting spam because I was in another time zone. That gives me the opportunity to check the mod logs to see what has been deleted. My first extensive search show that the first admins did weed out a small amount of posts from the first days. I have not been able to see any 'nasty' posts or negative appreciations of the other forum left. Searches for 'Elements Village' show that there was never any animosity, only efforts to share information in a fair spirit.

It's amazing what a small team was able to achieve in such a short time. In my experience, I don't know any 'members driven forum' which has been so successful.
My concern is now to get news about our good old friends, but I am not in a hurry. I don't want my efforts to be interpreted as hindering the search for a successor for the Village. As we say in French, I want 'fromage ET dessert'...
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
Will I for one am happy to see life and a big HELLO to everyone.

Do to many issues, I haven't been on any forums for a very long time and hope that will end soon and get back to playing again. Hope to see everyone, old and new once again.

:wave:
Dane
Dane
-------------------------------------
Knight Reflections

My Flickr, not the horse
-------------------------------------
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
Finally and thanks to the efforts of BJ I was able to sign in with by creating a new account. Thank you so much, Betty! :thanks:
Welcome here, Helen!
Make yourself at ease in those premises.
Michel B

Mes Galeries
Welcome to our latest members, who posted here this month: John, Tina, Carol, Dane & Helen :wave:

Helen, it's wonderful that the log-in problem was finally resolved. Glad, I could help a little. :D

Michel, thanks for the link to the newsletters & for the research that went into your interesting posts.

betty
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
I'm here.

Joe

:wave:
I am so thrilled to to Welcome everyone. If the work monsters ever leave me alone i am looking forward to some fun.
Hi Dane wow its wonderful to see a post from you.
I still have my printed copy of your good Watercolour tutorial.
Storm
45 posts Page 4 of 5