Got a link to a site that will further enhance your Elements experience? Post it here!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
My daughter gave me a wonderful book for Christmas: DIGITAL NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY - The Art and the Science by John and Barbara Gerlach, Focal Press. It was shipped from Amazon -- the printed price on the book is $24.95, have no idea what Amazon is peddling it for.

It's great.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty,
I received a neat paperback photo book for Christmas. The title is "The Joy of Digital Photography" by Jeff Wignall. It's a good general information tome. It's got a lot of good stuff for beginners which is fine for a good foundation to build on. BTW the publisher is Lark Books ($19.95).
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Rusty, looks like a good book. Amazon has it for $16.47, reg. $24.99

Chas, that one looks like a good beginner to intermediate book. Also at Amazon for $12.37, reg. $19.95

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
For those of us that are starting out or wanting to start a photography business, or just like to read about, I got "Exposed, The Naked Uncensored Truth To Running a Successful Photography Business" by Robert Provencher. He's one of the guys behind the No BS Photo Success web site and his take on how he runs his studio is a very interesting read indeed. Hey, he appears naked (appropriately covered though) on the cover of the book so you know right off its not your average book on photography. Or running a business for that matter. He addresses some of the fears we all have, one of which is learning to ask for money! :mrgreen:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene - I've always wanted to get that book. The cover just totally cracks me up! Both the guys at NOBS are so irreverent - but talented and passionate about photography.
You should get it. It's a good read. The only drawback, if you can call it one, is there are no pictures inside. But then, its not a book about how to take photographs, but on how to run a photography business.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
6 posts Page 1 of 1