Got a link to a site that will further enhance your Elements experience? Post it here!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I used Ken Rockwell's recommended setting when I first got my D80.

A while back I hit my reset buttons and have been so unhappy with my pictures. I remembered making the changes in the beginning. I went back yesterday and put things back the way there were. (thankfully)
So I am wondering how many follow his recommendations?

Or do you have something special you have changed that you would like to share?

Here is my new picture with my setting set back to his recommendations.
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/902551
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, I saw that in the rolling gallery and intended to comment. It's great.

I love Ken Rockwell's stuff and, like you, have my Nikons set on most of his recommended settings. He is very opinionated and I take him with a grain of salt; I don't do everything he recommends but most of it is right on for me.

His D80 user's guide runs 57 pages but it is an Adobe Acrobat PDF document. Rather than running thru twenty or thirty dollars of ink-jet printer ink, I simply copied the document to a flash drive and took it to Kinko's. They can stick the drive into a USB port of a PC and, Shazam, a few minutes later handed me 57 printed pages -- for the grand sum of $4.90! Their first question after opening the file was, "This is copyrighted, do you have permission to print this?" I responded, "Look at the middle of the second page." Right there he says that the user has permission to print one copy; Kinko's was fine with that.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, I did think it was interesting that he said he formats his card before each session.
I hadn't formated my card since I put it in. :oops:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi,
I've read Ken's stuff but I wing-it. I try to rely on the auto focus and exposure. If I don't like the result,I start from scratch. My Coolpix 5700 has a built-in off color cast. Things really get wacky when I try to adjust the exposure to eliminate the color cast. So I live with it and do a levels adjustment in PSE. This usually works just fine.
P.S. I format my CF cards in-camera when I start running out of memory.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
4 posts Page 1 of 1