Got a link to a site that will further enhance your Elements experience? Post it here!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
What a great, great image...

falsekiva_pacholka.jpg
falsekiva_pacholka.jpg (182.89 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

Go to the website to see a high resolution version and read how it was taken.
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

If you want to bookmark this site you'll find cool stuff, new every day. Some fantastic ideas for overlays and/or textures.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
That is really cool, Rusty. Thanks for the link
Mountain lions were a concern? Now that is a dedicated photographer! Or a crazy one to go alone. That photo looked like a sci-fi illustration to me. Very cool that it is real.

Courtney
Wow, that is an awesome photo. Thanks for the link Rusty. I think my son will enjoy looking at the site as well.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Rusty,

I have been visiting this site on a daily basis ever since someone (I think it was you) posted it on the PSEU site.

There are some outstanding images and some of them are really large and beautiful.

I saw this shot this morning and thought it was one of the "artist" ones and still can't quite believe it is for real.
John
My thoughts exactly, John,

I was ready to shrug and think, "nice creation", and move on to another of my several morning websites. I read the blurb ... guess it is "for real". Not that I trust everything my government tells me, but I do tend to believe what NASA will say about something like this. They have always been very upfront about disclosing multiple images, false colors and the occasional artist conceptions.

It really is a remarkable shot. And, I agree with Courtney's comment about the mountain lions :biggrin:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
6 posts Page 1 of 1