Got a link to a site that will further enhance your Elements experience? Post it here!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I once tried out the demo of this program. It is a program which scans your drives for images and can help you find them (without tagging) by color, time, or content. It was a time-limited demo and I decided it was not powerful enough yet for me to invest the $20 in it. Well, I checked on their website today, and they have made it free! So give it a try. It is certainly in the development stage, and it runs a bit slow, at least on my laptop, but it is cool.

http://www.getphotology.com/index.html
Can't find the photo of Uncle Ted wearing that orange polka dot tuxedo taken a few years ago at the 4th of July party on the beach? No problem. Your nine trillion gigabyte hard drive is no match for Photology! You know the expression, "finding a needle in a haystack," right? Thanks to Photology, haystacks of photos will get a lot smaller, making it much easier to find the "needle" you're looking for – even if that needle is an orange polka dot tuxedo.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
thanks reka, downloading it now. Gotta try it.
Hey that looks pretty cool, I am downloading it now to try it out. Thanks for the link, Reka! :thumbsup:
Another warning: start it for the first time when you can let it work for a long time. It has to scan all of the images on your HDs, so it takes a while. You can stop it midway, I think, but it might be good to do it all in one phase.

You'll love it!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
4 posts Page 1 of 1