Got a link to a site that will further enhance your Elements experience? Post it here!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
oh I love the flower!! But I don't understand anything he is saying. :doh:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Oh, no! Is it in a different language? I just thought it was interesting without exploring it farther.

kimi_boo wrote: oh I love the flower!! But I don't understand anything he is saying. :doh:
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Since I don't have Photoshop CS-whatever, I just thought the things he was explaining were Photoshop-specific.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

No he probably is. (maybe??) I have just never heard of what he is saying.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
The explanation page is a little less mathmatical. I've copied and will try paste here.
Escher's Droste Effect
Published on 17 November 2008

The "Droste effect" derives from a Dutch chocolate maker that used an image of its box on the box recursively at smaller and smaller scales.
MC Escher's "Prentententoonstelling" (print gallery) image took this idea one step further and mapped the image on itself in a spiral. However, he only got so far with pen and paper leaving an enigmatic white centre. It wasn't until the Dutch mathematician, Hendrik Lenstra, worked out the maths behind the image transformation that the complete effect could be visualised. Take a look at the illustrated write-up that gives a good explanation about the process.

Jos Leys took the process further and created a generic logrithmic image transformation that can create endless zooming animations. This process was turned into a Mathmap script by Josh Sommers and Briec and now has an active Flickr group that use it.

I've ported the Mathmap script over to Adobe's new Pixel Bender Toolkit. Pixel Bender was officially released as part of the CS4 suite but is also available as a free download. The filters will run in After Effects, Photoshop CS4 and Flash 10 (in some cases) so there is huge creative potential here!
Looks very cool.. I have CS3 though..
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
7 posts Page 1 of 1