Got a link to a site that will further enhance your Elements experience? Post it here!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Ran across this on BoingBoing. You can upload your own photos and make them look like tilt-shift. Doable in PSE/CS of course, but this is a quick and dirty solution. Cute!

http://tiltshiftmaker.com/

P.S. Since I figure questions will be forthcoming: tilt-shift is a method of photography that manipulates the depth of field (almost exclusively on landscapes, cityscapes, etc. - photos of large areas) to make the picture look like a miniature scene. Think dioramas or model train layouts.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
That is pretty cool, Reka. Thanks for posting the link
Interesting ... thanks for the link.

It doesn't seem to change the perspective on any parts of the image, just sharpness.

DSC3319-compare.jpg
DSC3319-compare.jpg (222.66 KiB) Viewed 1438 times

Wondering if you could so the same thing in Elements just using a heavily feathered selection ??? You could even take it a step past that with vertical and/or horizontal distortion on just parts of the image.

Hmmmmm.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Sure you could! Only you have to use your knowledge of DOF to do it correctly. Things at the same distance from the camera should be in focus, those farther away or nearer out of focus. It makes for a cool effect.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Setting the Way-back machine to December, 2006... here's a fake miniature I did for Grant's Challenge #202, using only PSE. (Sorry, I don't remember who gets credit for the original shot...)

5 posts Page 1 of 1