Got a link to a site that will further enhance your Elements experience? Post it here!
11 posts Page 1 of 2
One of our newer members sent me a PM asking how to use Pixentral.
Because others may have Qs and are hesitant to ask, I'm putting this here.

Go to www.pixentral.com in another window
Click Browse up in the top-center of the page
Navigate to the photo on your PC and click Open
Then click Send on the Pixentral page
After a brief period of time, depends on the size of your image, you will jump to a second Pixentrel page
SaveforWeb-3.jpg
SaveforWeb-3.jpg (153.91 KiB) Viewed 1565 times

Your image is on then second page. Go down below the image and you will see two "addresses", You want to copy the second one. The best way to make sure you "get it all" is to triple-click right on the address. That block should fill up with blue. Copy that address. Then go back to the window where your post is and paste what you just copied into your post.

All you will see in your post is an address. After you click Submit, it will appear in your post as a thumbnail.

If anybody spots something I missed, please help me out.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I can use Pixcentral OK (I think). What I do have trouble with is PrestoPhoto. I never seem to be able to get my photo to show in my post :oops: If I try to upload as an attachment to my post it won't let me. Could you please tell me (very simply I might add :oops: ) how to do it?

Sue
SUE'S PICS http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19799
PSE 7 & PE 3/Lightroom2.4/ Windows Vista Nikon D80 -1 in 4 is mentally unbalanced. Take a look at 3 close friends-if they seem OK-then you're the 1. My friends seem OK - I must be THE ONE
In Elements, use Image>Resize>Image Size, make your longest side 500 px. or smaller. Images inserted into a post will NOT appear if the longest side is over 500 px.

Then, at the bottom of the white box where you are typing your post, click "Upload attachment". On your PC navigate to the image and click "Open". Then, on this 'post screen', click "Add the file". Wait a few seconds -- depends on how big the file is, and you will see it appear in the 'Posted Attachments' section right below this 'white post box'. Move your cursor onto the blank line below your last line of text and then click "Place inline". That should do it.

Here I deliberately uploaded a picture BIGGER than 500 px on longest side.
Icicle2.jpg
(176.16 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

See what happened, it is there, it just won't display because of size. You can click on the link and see it, but that's not what we were attempting to do.

Rusty

'The image file you tried to attach is invalid'
Rusty this is the message I get every time. I have resized the pic to 550x450 but still it won't work :o
Sue
PSE 7 & PE 3/Lightroom2.4/ Windows Vista Nikon D80 -1 in 4 is mentally unbalanced. Take a look at 3 close friends-if they seem OK-then you're the 1. My friends seem OK - I must be THE ONE
elwoodsusanm wrote: 'The image file you tried to attach is invalid'
Rusty this is the message I get every time. I have resized the pic to 550x450 but still it won't work :o
Sue

Sue you need to make your longest side 500 pixels , i see your longest side is 550 change the long side to 500 this should work.
Sue this works for me i save a copy this way . File save for web change the largest of the two pixels height or width the other one will change on its own.
sue.jpg
sue.jpg (31.69 KiB) Viewed 1469 times
My file is 550x225 but still no joy. It won't even upload to this reply :?
500 x 225 and no more that 250KBs. Your's is 550 that is to big.
I have reduced the pic to a minute size and still it won't upload. I don't get the boxes that Rusty mentioned :crying: Maybe there is a block on my posts somehwere?
Sue
Sue, I looked all thru my "User Control Panel" stuff to see if I found anything that looked like settings related to posting. Maybe I don't know where to look but i didn't see anything.

Here are the illustrated steps -- tell us where you don't see this and somebody smarter than I am will probably recognize the problem.

First resize your image. Doesn't matter whether you use "save for web" or "image resize"; I usually use the latter
Add Image 0.jpg
Add Image 0.jpg (174.5 KiB) Viewed 1388 times

Then, there are three "clicks" to get the image loaded
Add Image 1.jpg
Add Image 1.jpg (85.93 KiB) Viewed 1389 times

Add Image 2.jpg
Add Image 2.jpg (184.19 KiB) Viewed 1389 times

Add Image 3.jpg
Add Image 3.jpg (197.3 KiB) Viewed 1388 times

Then you click "Place inline" to get it into the place in your post where you want it.
Add Image 4.jpg
Add Image 4.jpg (88.32 KiB) Viewed 1387 times

Rusty

11 posts Page 1 of 2