Got a link to a site that will further enhance your Elements experience? Post it here!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
This is really a post directed to the newer members of our fine group. Maybe you haven't "found Graffi" yet. His website contains stuff for sale and a scattering of freebies. The latter change frequently. In addition to products, he has nice tutorial sections.

I have downloaded freebies and, several years ago, bought some "packages". I strongly recommend "Handy Actions". You should also get Add-O-Matic. Everything Graffi sells comes with an "auto installer", one click and it is inserted into Elements - the right place! Add-O-Matic is essential for most of the other stuff, especially freebies, that you grab from various places on the web. Two clicks and Add-O-Matic installs that whatever into Elements. The point is, you don't have to screw around with looking at hidden files within "my programs" to try to get all this stuff in the right place.

I'm making this post because of what happened to me today. All of my "Graffi Stuff" was acquired for PSE5; I have now changed to PSE7. I went to his website to see if what I had would still work -- think some of it will, pretty sure some does need to be upgraded. I sent Mike an email to ask, "what must be upgraded, what is still OK?"

Got a very fast reply. Didn't really answer my Q, said nothing about pricing, simply provided a link: "click this and then do such and so, that will download a 'bundle' of everything you need plus a new product that even isn't offered for sale on the website yet." OK, did that. Shazam - downloaded in a few blinks.

I'm sitting there, holding my credit card, waiting to "complete checkout". Nope - done! Now, I did register when I made the initial purchase and I recorded the password that establishes "my account" (and provides unlimited future downloads of the products purchased). I never dreamed that future downloads would include upgrades to a version that's a heck of a lot better than what I initially paid for.

I also downloaded an upgraded version of Neat Image so the concept of "free upgrades" is not unheard of. I'm just reminding all -- Graffi is a pretty darned good guy to do business with.

http://www.graficalicus.com/index.php

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I agree with Rusty, his stuff is great!!!
Graffi's stuff is top notch! His software has never let me down. Neither has Graffi.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
this is good for the "not so newbies and procrastinators" of the forum. I never did download Graffi's stuff when I was looking into actions. This is a great thread Rusty and I plan to see what Graffi's got to offer and help. I appreciate your endorsement as I am leary of downloads since the whole "virus" incident, and then hearing that Pioneer Woman's blog had something that got people. Ugh made me a safer surfer.

Thanks again (Graffi hear I come....after work....)
I have not downloaded anything for a while for Elements, but I totally agree with you Rusty, my experience with Graffi in the past has been nothing but GREAT! I also think Panos does a great job of helping his friends, as I am sure you remember Rusty with his Cube and your grandson :)
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
Funny you should say that, Charles,

I just this minute left Panos' website where I downloaded current versions of what I already had to make sure they "worked" in PSE7. Then I went to the photo cube page, there was my grandson - he continues to show the photo I took and agreed he could put it on his website if he wanted to :biggrin:

Panos has a lot of very nice things there.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
6 posts Page 1 of 1