Got a link to a site that will further enhance your Elements experience? Post it here!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
This is primarily a link to a site with, IMHO, a lot of very nice work...
http://www.marciagetto.com/-/marciagett ... yindex.asp

...but, some of you (Kimi Boo, are you listening) have posted in the past with concerns of work getting ripped off from personal websites. From her home page, click galleries, open any one up and then click an image is if you wanted to copy or download; see what happens -- COOL.

There is a notation at the bottom of the screens about " Photography Websites by BetterPhoto.com" I don't have any interest in putting stuff up on a personal website but, anybody that does may want to investigate further.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I like that Rusty! Thanks for the link! :thumbsup:
My site at SmugMug pops that same warning if you try to right click a photo I have there. Download something from Flickr by right clicking it and you get enough resolution to do a 2.5 by 1.6 print at 200 ppi. Unless that person's given you permission to download from their site.

But, neither can stop someone from making a screen shot and copying it that way. I don't think there's anything out there that's 100% safe.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
All I have to do is click-and-drag her images from my browser to my desktop to take a copy... or drag into my PSE program window to open a copy for editing... both of which I did for intellectual purposes only, and promptly deleted it.

I think that little pop-up message is worse than having nothing, because it might give someone the false impression that their images had some sort of protection from being lifted.
Hmmmm, well I didn't even think to try that one Byron. :thanks:
Hmmmmmmm
double Hmmmmmmm

There's always one of those nasty hacker types ... ... ... bound and determined
:toast:

Of course you didn't think of that, Shari. You don't have a devious mind like some people I know.

Rusty

Interesting experiment. Did a drag and drop from my SmugMug and got a 43 byte "spacer.gif" that was essentially nothing. Drag and drop from my Flickr gave me the same file as if I had right clicked and saved. The drag and drop from Marcia Getto's page gave me a 125K file, smaller than the Flickr download. What's interesting is that if you click OK on the popup on both pages, you still get a menu that allows you to download and save. But, on my SmugMug page, I got that same spacer.gif.

But, that hackers that really want it, will always find a way to get it.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I guess it's back to the "old method" .... make your images just barely good enough to see on a VDT

Rusty

Ha Rusty, I said to myself back to the old drawing board!
I was able to just right click and save with no trouble. No message or anything. :x
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
10 posts Page 1 of 1