Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
24 posts Page 2 of 3
To everyone, I am glad you like it. It is quite simple once you try it, but it took a while for me to get it to work the first time. After I discovered this, I wasn't sure it was worth a TUT, but finally decided to post it.
Michelle - you are correct about the 'f' doddad. (I love technical talk!). I should have added that to the TUT.
Michel - I didn't expect such a nice side affect to this TUT. So glad I could help here. Have fun with these style edits, small changes here can change an image dramatically.
Rusty - You are right, it works on other things besides text. Still, I think it works best on thin or narrow items such as fine script text or thin frames, but sometimes it is worth a try on larger text or frames or whatever.
Have fun!
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Thanks Joe, this will save me hunting for different styles or fonts. :thumbsup:
but how do I adjust the layer style? bringing Outer glow down ?

This was a question I had as well and was going to post elsewhere. I look forward to trying this and playing with the F doddad for other purposes as well.
Danny

--------------------------
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D; PSE 5; Windows XP

A brave new step:
My Flickr galleries
My much smaller but growing PrestoPhoto picts
just finding this... can't wait to give it a try! :biggrin:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Hi - It's me again.
I'm just full of those "techy" words...Good thing lots of folks here are used to me :biggrin:

Joe, I tried out the tutorial and I am so excited :cheer2:
It certainly does work on more than just text. I was participating in another site member collaboration kit, and I used your tutorial to create a border. It looks great!
one other question, and maybe it is just me. I couldn't get it to work in cs3, had no problems in elements v.5
m
Michelle
GOLD script. How the heck did I miss this one and why didn't someone tell me? Can't wait to try it out.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim- Its those magnetic words...."gold" "font" "brushes"....
Something internal just helps me locate them.
m
Michelle
Michelle, I can't help you on CS3, I only have PSE4. Glad that you could put it to good use.
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Thanks,Joe. I think you've provided the "golden grail" to us "sold seekers". :biggrin:
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Joe:

Thanks a million for the Tut. Looking forward to using it. Tried playing with it while waiting for a fishing buddy to show up and the directions were right on.
HankW
PSE 6 , Lightroom, Fujifilm F40fd P & S, Nikon D 40 with some lenses,, Window's XP
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/23461
24 posts Page 2 of 3