Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
28 posts Page 2 of 3
Hi suzi,

I really like your image. I tried your technique and the first attempt was a total disaster. Here is one that is OK. Can you tell me what the purpose is of the solid color adjustment layer? Is it to give an overall tint to the picture? I think I reduced the opacity of that layer a lot, and really didn't know why I was choosing one color vs another.

Thanks for posting this tutorial!

Courtney

Attachments

suzi, i cant wait to try this , thanks. You all come up with such neat stuff.
Wow, it has been a long time since I wrote that but yes it is to give an overall tint. The color is to be whatever you want. Play with different blends and opacity. That part is all up to you and what you like. You did a great job.
suzib wrote: Wow, it has been a long time since I wrote that but yes it is to give an overall tint. The color is to be whatever you want. Play with different blends and opacity. That part is all up to you and what you like. You did a great job.

Thanks! I think I can see the color I used in the shadows, barely. I'm working my way through the tutorials as I get a chance. I can imagine you haven't thought about this one in a long time. :) Thanks for the follow-up.

Courtney
Oh my some where i went astray and got confused so i improvised. Added noise and a motion blur. Did not add the texture but i kinda like it any way.
working-girlweb.jpg
working-girlweb.jpg (80.09 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
Digging around on his site. I found this picture that he uses to advertise the Impressionist filter.
http://asnailpace.com/blog/impressionist-plug-in/

Has anyone ever got that kind of effect from the filter? I love the painted look of this and have tried and tried. Just can't get anything that looks even close. :crying:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
kimi, dont know but i will try. :D
I dont know how close this is but the filter is fun to play with.
I used Style Paint smudges soft paper
background image
brush size 58%
pressure 93.
tulip4b-copy.jpg
tulip4b-copy.jpg (47.38 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
Judy.. that is pretty close. It looks lovely! :thumbsup:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
A little help here,please. The extracted zip file is with other 8bf files but refuses to open. The computer asks me for the program that created the file....?
Does this only work with full-blown Photoshop only? I'm using PSE5.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
28 posts Page 2 of 3