Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi. I found Christell's painting technique in the newsletter ... and I LOVE it ... but I can't make it work. I followed these instructions exactly!!

"Open photo. Copy background layer (Ctrl. J) Turn off eye on background layer. This allows you to see what you are erasing. Click background copy layer to highlight. Click eraser tool. Choose brush (play around with different types) & set opacity at about 36% & adjust brush size as you erase areas. Erase only what you want to keep in color. The rest will stay white. Turn eye back on background layer & keep copy layer highlighted. Go to Filter>Stylize>Find edges."

I erased what I wanted to stay colored (with opacity set to 36%), but the rest of the image didn't stay white. When I used the "Find Edges" filter, the detail in the whole picture was outlined.

I folowed the rest of the instructions with the Adjustment Layer = Levels, and the image still didn't turn out like your images.

Not sure what I am doing wrong .. but I have tried it about 5 times now and I still can't make it work :crying:
Live every minute for all that is in it!
Hi Donna,
Sometimes if there is too much detail in pictures the background will still be there after you have completed the Levels adjustment. ( Try moving the white slider more to the left to see if that helps.) If there is still too much background, you can click on the background copy layer that you have erased on. Click on Brush tool, pick a brush ( I used default 300 soft), set white as foreground color, & start erasing background you want to get rid of. See if this works for you. Reply back if you are still having problems.
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Thanks Christell ... I'll try tha right now! :thanks:
Live every minute for all that is in it!
3 posts Page 1 of 1