Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
53 posts Page 5 of 6
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Thanks Michel for starting this thread. I "kind of" know how to do things, but I always appreciate knowing WHY things work. I look forward to more lessons.

Attachments

[size=150][b][color=#4000BF]Linda[/color][/b][/size]
[url=http://www.tootie501.blogspot.com][color=#0000BF]my blog[/color][/url]
[url=http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/?user_id=14677]EIGHT galleries and counting...[/url]
Linda what a beautiful flower!
This was aptly named a challenge, at least for this beginner. Must have started over ten times, but finally got it, I think. Still very confused about layers, but still trying.

YellowRose Not of Texas- 2 copy.jpg
YellowRose Not of Texas- 2 copy.jpg (53.24 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
Excellent, Alpha,
This was not meant to be easy, but the next step should be! Consider there are many books about layers and others about masking. With practice you won't learn only tricks and procedures, you'll understand your tools better.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
For those out there just beginning to use layers, there is a layers course here that I took when I first started using Elements 5 for anything more than a simple crop. I found it extremely helpful. I feel it was $25 well spent.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Are those courses videos? I ask this because I have real difficulties with them, since English is not my native language, and I much prefer written courses.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thanks Michel for the comments. I really did work a long time on that one because I kept losing my way and starting over. I know I need to learn layers, so I'll keep trying.

Thanks to sarch99 too for posting about the tutorials. However they are videos, and I have trouble keeping up too. Not because of my English, but because they go so fast, clicking rapidly here and there, that I can't follow what they are doing.

Also, I'm still on dial up internet, and videos take too long to download. Big downloads also rule out for me any challenge or exercise that includes downloading large files.

alpha
Yes, they are videos; however, there is a written synopsis of each day's work. I'm sure it would be difficult to follow a video in a second language......I can't even imagine doing it. Alpha, I understand your problem, too. You would want a high speed connection for these, in particular, because they aren't meant to be downloaded....you view them from the server.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Here is my attempt. This was a flower among many on the cactus plant. It was a good exercise. The first time I have done this type of thing. Thanks, Michel. :thanks:

Alpha,

That's an excellent job on your flower. As you attempt more work like that, you will be well on your way to "understanding layers".

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
53 posts Page 5 of 6