Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
25 posts Page 2 of 3
Quick question. When making the frame I did bevel the frame to try to make it more 3D like, is there a way to make shadows or something to make it look like a real frame?
Danny

--------------------------
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D; PSE 5; Windows XP

A brave new step:
My Flickr galleries
My much smaller but growing PrestoPhoto picts
I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. When I use the Gaussian blur filter nothing happens. I'm doing everything according to the tut, but no matter where I set the radius on the Gaussian blur filter, all I see is a totally black frame. Where am I going wrong?
Can you post a screen shot of your layers palette, maybe can figure it out from that.
azbeagle, does your layers palette look like the screen shot Kimi posted with the tutorial. You show have 4 layers, your image on the bottom, black, white and the image copy on top.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
azbeagle wrote: I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. When I use the Gaussian blur filter nothing happens. I'm doing everything according to the tut, but no matter where I set the radius on the Gaussian blur filter, all I see is a totally black frame. Where am I going wrong?

Make sure you have deselected your marching ants. the blur won't work if the ants are there.

Did you work it out?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I got it. Not sure what I was doing wrong yesterday. It took me 3 tries, but I got it today. Thanks.
So glad it finally worked for you.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Here's the proof that it worked...took me a while to figure out how to use Pixentral..

Good job, Az
for dsstrick9..just now saw your question. I think is you have your frame on a separate layer you can add a drop shadow to it. I have done that to alot of frames I add.
25 posts Page 2 of 3