Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
25 posts Page 2 of 3
Anita & Michel, I love both your results. I need to try out more of my textures in my folder to see what works.
Thanks for trying it.
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Ewwww - I definitely need some work. This is a cool technique though. I don't have the skills to trust myself with uncorrectable erasers yet so I used Grant's layer mask on the white fill layer. Shouldn't that have offered the same outcome but yet still let me fix if I went too crazy with the eraser?

I'll definitely keep trying this. Thanks for the tut.

Josie

Attachments

You did a good job on these, Josie
I especially like Elvis.
thanks Suzi & Linda. it's a technique I've never tried before so...ugh, compared to the other posts in this thread mine look like they were done by Fred & Barney.

I'll pass along the props to Elvis. He was being bribed mightily for this set of pictures but the original is priceless. A world class underbite on that dog.

Thanks guys...this was my first post on this site so it's nice to get feedback so quickly.

Josie
Josie, Looks like you are off to a good start. There is no wrong or right way of doing this one. It is whatever works for you. Glad you tried it & have fun learning new things here.
Christell
Christell's Creations

Thanks for this tutorial, Christell! I looked in the tuts to see if you had posted any because so many of your photos are very unique and creative. I had no idea how you created them. It's great that you share your secrets. :D I have not added a texture yet because I don't know what "apply" it to the sketch layer means. But I think my attempt turned out nicely without it.

Thanks again,

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney - in Elements, you add a texture to a layer by targeting your layer, going to Filter, Texture, Texturizer. Once in Texturizer, choose your texture, etc., and hit OK. I assume the process is similar in PS.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Hi Courtney, Glad you are playing around with the tutorials. Your sketch came out great. You don't always have to put a texture. I think it just adds to it & gives it something a little different. I probably should have clarified "Texture". What I call textures are like the one I posted in the tut below:
IP_Texture_058.jpg
IP_Texture_058.jpg (27.18 KiB) Viewed 821 times

You can download tons of these at different sites. To apply the texture, open it up & you can just drag it onto your sketch on top layer & size it to the whole creation. The change your blend mode & will see the result.
Here is my screenshot of Buddy sketch to see where the texture is in the layer order.
Buddy-sketch.jpg
Buddy-sketch.jpg (51.19 KiB) Viewed 821 times
Buddy sketch layers.JPG
Buddy sketch layers.JPG (23.24 KiB) Viewed 819 times

I have gotten many comments on my football sketches & will try to add Part 2 info soon,
Hope this helps & please ask if any more questions.
Christell
Christell's Creations

Ah, Christell - I hadn't read the tutorial......you're talking about THAT kind of texture (my favorite kind).
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
25 posts Page 2 of 3