Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
24 posts Page 2 of 3
Suzanne,
Is this tut for Photoshop or PSE? When I hit the delete key nothing happens to layer 0. I've printed the tut and followed it step by step and can't seem to get it to work. (Am using PSE7) When I flatten the image all I get is a blurred image.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
When you hit the delete key on layer 0, you won't see anything on the photo, but look at your layer 0 and you will see the part that you first selected is gone. And go on with the tutorial from there. I just tried it again from my own directions here and it worked. I am using PSE 6. I can't imagine what you described has changed from 6 to 7.

chas3stix wrote: Suzanne,
Is this tut for Photoshop or PSE? When I hit the delete key nothing happens to layer 0. I've printed the tut and followed it step by step and can't seem to get it to work. (Am using PSE7) When I flatten the image all I get is a blurred image.
Chas
Unblurred.jpg
Unblurred
Unblurred.jpg (67.59 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
Blurred.jpg
Blurred
Blurred.jpg (50.76 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
I tried it again and again nothing happens when I hit the delete key. A Vista thing maybe?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
That is really strange. Yes, maybe a Vista thing. I have XP. Hopefully someone will come along with a better answer.

chas3stix wrote: I tried it again and again nothing happens when I hit the delete key. A Vista thing maybe?
Chas
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Suzzane,
Fantastic little tutorial, I'm a newbie and have already learned quite a bit from the nice folks who inhabit this world. Tried this on the first photo I came across so I will have to look for some decent shots that are worth posting.

Chas,
I've just run through it on my laptop with Vista and it worked fine.

John
D80 with 18-70, and 70-300vr Lens.
John, so glad you were able to use the tutorial. Hope Chas can get it figured out or someone can come along with help. This is one of my favorites. With the photo I posted here (myself and my granddaughter), you can see how beneficial this can be. If you have a chance, post your photo here so we can see what you've done.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Chas, you might want to post a screen shot here so we can compare our work to see what might have happened.

chas3stix wrote: I tried it again and again nothing happens when I hit the delete key. A Vista thing maybe?
Chas
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Suzanne,
I finally got the desired result. The step ctrl-click on layer 1....I wasn't clicking on the image in the layer palette. I was clicking on the photo. I will have to see if I can duplicate my success.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
AHA! Problem solved. I went back and added that little bit of extra information in the step so no one else has the problem. Anxious to see your results!

chas3stix wrote: Suzanne,
I finally got the desired result. The step ctrl-click on layer 1....I wasn't clicking on the image in the layer palette. I was clicking on the photo. I will have to see if I can duplicate my success.
Chas
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

Suzanne,
You asked for it.....here's my first successful attempt of your tut.
Chas
IMG0016.jpg
Before
IMG0016.jpg (36.46 KiB) Viewed 1238 times
IMG0016-copy.jpg
After
IMG0016-copy.jpg (25.55 KiB) Viewed 1238 times
Chas's Gallery
24 posts Page 2 of 3