Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
29 posts Page 3 of 3
This was very interesting - I got a result but quite different.... I ended up with more of a dotted effect than lines with my Poster Edges.
The part where you take the sample from the image and clone it is fascinating..... the sample picks up a relatively huge amount from the original but only when you stamp it down again can you see how much you've got.
Anyway, definitely a technique to keep. Thanks for sharing.

The result.... http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/1269798/24460

Which came from http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/1269797/24460
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
This is one of the most fun things that's been posted in a long time. I keep thinking of other ways to use this.

Two years ago I made a poster for a church project ... had to blend over a hundred individual images (all kids) onto one 3' x 2' poster canvas. For all of the individual images I used a crop shape and feathered the edges (via gaus blur) so the individual shots would sort of fade from one to the other. I don't know if using a splatter clone stamp shape is any less work, but it sure does present a very fast, easy and creative way to customize the shape of the image to be moved onto the poster canvas.

Example of what I'm talking about...

Splatter Crop.jpg
Splatter Crop.jpg (162.36 KiB) Viewed 1792 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
That's a very good point, Rusty, and an excellent result. My own montages generally use a layer mask to remove unwanted parts from each image so I wondered about the 'scatter' technique (which the original Clone stamp had in the tutorial). I applied 25% Scatter to my Brush and painted black in the layer mask - and it gives a very similar effect. I very much like your result but I'd need to keep the orginal images in their own files (or at least their own layers), wouldn't I? And then resizing and moving them around in a montage/poster isn't possible?

Gallery
Geoff,
In the original file I did the "stamping" onto a blank, transparent layer. I put a blank white layer under the transparent layer so I could see what I was getting. When I was satisfied I turned off visibility of all layers except the transparent layer.

Then open the canvas file and drag the image file up from the photo bin. The only thing added to the canvas file was the "splattered bird". Now use the Move Tool to reposition and pull the corners if necessary to make it bigger or smaller.

It's essentially the exact same thing I was doing two years ago with the "crop shape images". I had those sitting on a transparent layer as well.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks Rusty. I think I'd like to try making many "new" images using the Clone stamp technique and then combine them in a new montage.

Gallery
This was a really interesting technique. Thanks for the tutorial.

Cloning technique web.jpg
Cloning technique web.jpg (50.48 KiB) Viewed 1723 times

Michelle
Michelle E

Michelle's Gallery
Scrapbook Pages
PSE5/PSE8/Windows XP
Panasonic Lumix FZ18
Michelle, I have to applaud you for trying all these tutorials. You are one busy person. This tutorial, for me, was one of the hardest, as you can guess by all the questions asked. I really had to work on it to get it right. But this is how we learn. I try to do all the tutorials also. Some turn out good and some I just have to throw away. But my skill level is getting better. Good job!
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Thanks Suzanne - it's raining here at the moment so that's when I get into the tutorials. They are a great way to learn for me and I'm amazed at all the things I didn't know I could do!

Michelle
Michelle E

Michelle's Gallery
Scrapbook Pages
PSE5/PSE8/Windows XP
Panasonic Lumix FZ18
Hope the rain will put out the fires in your country. Sad thing to watch on TV.

me429sb wrote: Thanks Suzanne - it's raining here at the moment so that's when I get into the tutorials. They are a great way to learn for me and I'm amazed at all the things I didn't know I could do!

Michelle
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
29 posts Page 3 of 3