Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
29 posts Page 1 of 3
Open photo.
Click on Clone Stamp tool.
I used Default Brushes: Spatter 39 pixel or 46 pixel brush. Try others brushes to experiment.
Smaller size brush about 20% opacity. Make sure "Aligned" is checked
On photo, ALT click on middle top part of photo. EDIT: (Click only one time on photo. This will clone the whole photo.)

Open a File>New> Blank file. White background. (This size will change according to photo size)
Try size of 3600 x3600 pixels ….will have to adjust to fit the details in photo you want to show up.
Leave at 20% opacity.
Enlarge brush & start clicking randomly around canvas to let some parts of photo show through & leave some parts white. (STEP #1 example)
(STEP #2 example): Make brush size smaller & go over some areas you want to show up more gradually building up layers as shown in STEPS #3 & 4.
When finished building up your layers, go to Filter>Artistic>Poster edges & adjust sliders to your liking.
When done it can be cropped, put a stroke around it or frame added.

EDIT: If you want to check your poster edge result after each step, just apply the poster edge & if you want more detail hit cancel instead of OK & clone again: then go back again to poster edge & see if that is what you want the result to be. Hit OK when you like your result.

Christell
Cloning steps info.jpg
Cloning steps info.jpg (66.44 KiB) Viewed 4774 times
3 Doors cloned poster edge.jpg
3 Doors cloned poster edge.jpg (84.77 KiB) Viewed 4768 times
Bourbon Street cloned poster egde.jpg
Bourbon Street cloned poster egde.jpg (87.97 KiB) Viewed 4765 times
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Love this Christell!! I am going to have to give this a try!! :woohoo:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Very Nice!!!
m
Michelle
Here are 2 examples of using the cloning technique but instead of applying the poster edge, I tried graphic pen on one & also cut-out on other.
Christell
#31- cloned with graphic pen.jpg
#31- cloned with graphic pen.jpg (58.97 KiB) Viewed 4613 times
#4-cloned with cutout.jpg
#4-cloned with cutout.jpg (56.07 KiB) Viewed 4607 times
Christell's Creations

Christell,

Thanks for sharing! I am bookmarking this thread for later experimentation. I really like the images you created.

Courtney
There was a learning curve to do this one, but isn't that why we're all here? Here's a link to the history of the fire that destroyed the Tutshi, if anyone is a history or nautical buff: http://www.yesnet.yk.ca/schools/carcros ... i_main.htm

Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
Well,I'v had a go but didnt get the effect that was in my head,or anything like as good the pics in the thread here.If my pic doesnt appear here please feel free to look at my gallery,any advice on castle pic and where i went wrong is appreciated.fire away at me!
Shoot, min you are doing a whole lot better than me!! I can't seem to even get started.
I am not getting it to clone the whole picture, just a little part of it, HELP!!!
suzi, Is your little part covering the whole canvas? Can you post a screenshot for me?
Christell
Christell's Creations

29 posts Page 1 of 3