Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
24 posts Page 1 of 3

'Fix my picture' poll

I would be interested in a weekly submission of a picture to fix
26%
I am not much interested, I prefer other themes (creative, technical, photography)
No votes
I might submit images for retouching/correcting
28%
I would participate in the thread (submitting retouches or discussing)
25%
I would be interested in working with raw files
11%
I would not be interested in working with raw files
10%
Total votes : 72

This is a poll to test... polls!
And to be useful, we are a few to be interested in a weekly topic consisting in submitting a picture for fixing, correction etc. This could help us in setting up such a sub-forum or recurring topic.
Please vote!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Good Idea MIchel I hope this all works.
Tina B
Yes, I like the idea. Don't know anything about RAW files though.
Mitchel, this is a great idea. Is this is photorestauration which we don't have a thread for it here and we should. :thumbsup:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
I would definitely be interested in this type of thread. Personally I find color and tonal corrections to be more difficult than just coveringit up with a bunch of layers! Then you can go with the whole 'I meant to do that' approach! :rotfl:
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
I like the idea a lot, a weekly submission is good but it could also be open to any member posting at any time for their image to be fixed. You could just start a new thread say "fix my pic by ???" I think that way it would be more open to different types of fixes and not dependent on what was posted for the week.
I would LOVE this idea. I am always interested in how people would do better with my images or fix/correct.
Great idea,Michel.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
dondiego wrote: Mitchel, this is a great idea. Is this is photorestauration which we don't have a thread for it here and we should. :thumbsup:

Yes, Don. Any type of pictures you want to salvage or enhance and you do not know what to do. I can think of:
- old photo restoration
- portrait retouch (not necessarily 'glam' retouch, corrective retouch for common defects...)
- Exposure, contrast problems
- color problems (white balance, color casts, oversaturation, clipped colors...)
- sharpening, haloes
- lens flare, defog...
- distortion, perspective, horizon straightening
Sometimes, the defect to be corrected will be obvious, other times you think something can be done, but you don't know what...
And I think this should be open to any time of editing software, not only Elements, because what is important is to determine which changes are necessary (common analysis for any software), and the tools to achieve this will be software dependent.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
suzib wrote: I like the idea a lot, a weekly submission is good but it could also be open to any member posting at any time for their image to be fixed. You could just start a new thread say "fix my pic by ???" I think that way it would be more open to different types of fixes and not dependent on what was posted for the week.

Absolutely, I had the same idea. Other suggestions from everybody please...
Michel B

Mes Galeries
24 posts Page 1 of 3