Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
24 posts Page 1 of 3
(Using PSE8)

LAYER 1- background photo

Duplicate (Ctrl.J)

LAYER 2- On duplicate: Filter>Poster edge
#1-POSTER EDGE.jpg
#1-POSTER EDGE.jpg (51.11 KiB) Viewed 5203 times

Duplicate (Ctrl. J)

LAYER 3- Filter>Blur>Motion blur at a slight angle & move slider all the way to right.
Change blend mode to linear dodge. If you want a little more whiter result go to Shadows/Highlights & move the Lighten shadows slider all the way to right. Some photos might not need as much.
Select eraser tool & start erasing with a soft brush at a lower opacity at top about 25% - 30% what you want to show through. Then erase at 100% what you want the clearest.
#2-MOTION BLUR-LINEAR DODGE-SHADOW HIGHLIGHT-ERASE.jpg
#2-MOTION BLUR-LINEAR DODGE-SHADOW HIGHLIGHT-ERASE.jpg (38.48 KiB) Viewed 5203 times

Duplicate (Ctrl. J)

LAYER 4- Change blend mode to Color dodge. Start erasing at lower opacity again to get areas you want to show through more that you missed. You can also lower opacity a little on the layer as I did on SIDELINE creation which made the background players show through a little.
#3- DUPLICATE-COLOR DODGE.jpg
#3- DUPLICATE-COLOR DODGE.jpg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 5203 times

If you want the stroke, create a new layer on top of all the layers & use the Rectangle Marquee tool & drag out selection.
Edit>Stroke (Outline) Selection to the amount you want.
Add text if you want to put any.

I would love to see your results.
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Here are the 2 I did with the stroke & text with this technique.
Christell
#4- FINAL.jpg
#4- FINAL.jpg (39.94 KiB) Viewed 5201 times
Dylan #15- #2-sidelines copy.jpg
Dylan #15- #2-sidelines copy.jpg (51.95 KiB) Viewed 5201 times
Christell's Creations

Christell: Thanks for the tut. I have always wondered how you do that. I can't wait to give it a try.
That is nice ... very nice.
I can see using that often when the right image presents itself.

Thank you, Christell.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Oh this looks so interesting. Now I just need a little extra time to work on it. I think this is just one of the things I said I would be interested in doing if Christell would write a tut. Yes :woohoo:
Thanks Christell
Tina B
Thanks so much, Christell! I am going to try this out. You fooled me - I assumed Sideline had a layer with stripes on it and you just blended it in with the picture.

Courtney
Here's my first try. I like the tut.

Thanks for taking the time to write it and share with all of us.

Glad you like it.
Russ- Love your result. The blended background gives it a design and color all on its own. Nice work.
Christell's Creations

I tried this tut and it turned out so bad I can't even post it. I will try again and again until I get something I like. I had trouble with to much color in the background.
Tina B
christell wrote: Glad you like it.
Russ- Love your result. The blended background gives it a design and color all on its own. Nice work.

Christell, thanks for the kind words. BTY: That's my son in the photo. Isn't my son a handsome guy? He takes after his dad - yea right.
24 posts Page 1 of 3