Post your tutorials here. Do not post any copyrighted material unless you hold the copy rights.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
To add areas of texture:

Open a photo & duplicate (Ctrl. J)

1- Click on the duplicated layer.

2- Use the magic wand with a lower tolerance number & click in an area you want to show some texture.

3- When you click, this makes a selection on a smaller area with the marching ants around the selection.

4- Click Ctrl. J which gets this selection on its own layer.

5- Put a drop shadow & a bevel on it.
(EDIT): Try the Simple Emboss or Simple Inner Bevel. Click the fx on the layer & adjust the bevel size to 0. Also on the drop shadow lower the distance amount.

Repeat steps 1 thru 5 for every magic wand selection.

Make sure to click back on the original duplicated layer every time you use the magic wand.

Now do this for every area you use the magic wand on. You could end up with alot of layers.

For the final result if it looks like you have too much texture just turn the eye off the ones you don't want or delete those layers.

Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
Thanks, Christell. This is an interesting technique. Here's my quick try at it.

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney, I really like your result. I put an EDIT about the bevel & drop shadow, but it can be played around with to your own liking.
Christell's Creations

Here is another fun way to use this technique:
Once you have it like you want it, turn the eyes off the bottom photos & add a background to make a unique creation as example below.
Christell
Christell's Creations

Thanks Christell i will have to try it. Courtney and you both had great results.
On this one I kept the original photo as the background & added a texture with Linear Burn blend mode. There are unlimited possibilities to this technique.
Christell
Christell's Creations

6 posts Page 1 of 1