I have performed several Incremental Backups to my PSE 6 Catalog, but always have the same problem, namely that the new pictures and the new Backup.tly and catalog.buc files refuse to go into the folder that I specified in the Backup Dialogue and have created to hold backups on my External HD. Instead, they always go on the Desktop of the External HD and I have to drag them into the folder that holds the original Full Backup and any previous Incrementals.

I have read all the help and PDF files and the Missing Manual, but they don't mention any problem. By the way, when I try to specify the Backup folder in the the Dialogue box, I first specify Drive E (my External drive) and then browse to show PSE Catalog Folder(my backup folder). I then hit Open and it shows the name "Backup.tly". I'd appreciate any help you can give me to tell me what I am doing wrong.

By the way, MichelB of this forum did a new whole backup on his computer, which went into the desired folder, but followed up with an incremental back which, like my result, went all over the desktop, not the desired folder.

Many thanks,
Steve