Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I really need help making an 8.5 x 11 photo book with VioVio. As instructed, I made one page as a sample, and tried to download. It was going to take 21 minutes on broadband at 300 . What am I doing wrong? What resolution should I use. Can I change jpeg to pdf? Would that help. I am hoping that someone could give me step by step instructions, as I just dont seem to be able to 'get the message'. Many thanks. Jean
You've got me confused :? - are you uploading premade pages or using the bookmaker to fill in your pages with pictures in your gallery?
Jane: I was wanting to upload pages I have made. I saw from another post that one can upload at 300. Perhaps my computer was just having a bad day.
Jean
You can upload jpegs with a compression setting of 10 without seeing any loss - that will reduce your file size. But a single page on broadband shouldn't take that long. Have you tried uploading a page since then?

By the way - your gallery there is linked to your user name here so unless you want your pages to show up in the rolling gallery here, be sure and select "private" for the security option when you upload.
Jean, I had terrible problems uploading to PrestoPhoto. It took forever. And I mean "forever". They never finished. One of Christian's employees advised me to try FTP. That works like a charm for me. It is a few more steps, but goes oh-so-fast.

I have Deluxe FTP (http://www.download.com/DeluxeFTP/3000- ... 52949.html) but there are many other free ones out there. Just write to PrestoPhoto for exact instructions, or I will see if I still have the e-mail on my PC later (working on the laptop now).
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka: I would appreciate any help I can get. I do want the book to turn out well with no disappointments. Thank goodness someone else found VioVio site confusing. Jean
Hi Jean. I created a new gallery in my gallery for my book pages. I then zipped the folder and uploaded it that way. It uploaded pretty quickly.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks Kim: right now I am working on the pages, I might get back to you for help. Jean
8 posts Page 1 of 1