Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I downloaded some dingbat fonts & clipart but when i go to use them nothing comes up. There in my font folder but I dont know how to choose one of them. I have one file that has snowmen, santa, candy cane & a wreath. How do I choose one of them to display? I hope ive made myself clear trying to explain this.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Snowfall, is the problem the clipart? If so, you should prpbably move them to your graphics folder. Please let us know if this helps.
Does it say (TureType)below the font name in your Fonts folder?

If thye are in your computer's font file - then the font name should show up on your drop down font menu in Elements (or Word or email).
Hi all,
Dingbats are fonts and should be kept with your other fonts.
Each dingbat has a keystroke equivalent and you need to know what it is. The only way I know of is to use a font viewer. I've used The Font Thing for a long time and it suits me. There are lots of choices, though.

In the picture above you can see that I've selected a dingbat font and used TFT to see what characters are available. In the upper left of each character box is a number and, in quotation marks, a letter. In the example above, letter "i" will print the great big "HO" dingbat.

I've never used dingbats "for real" but the above is what I've learned by playing around with them. I have not a clue about clip art.

Probably there are experts galore around here who will be getting back home pretty soon from an afternoon/evening of wassailing, and they'll help you out.

Have fun,
Steve :D
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
4 posts Page 1 of 1