Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
14 posts Page 1 of 2
I wonder if I'm missing something I should know :shock:

I am a terrible speller - DW claims it was because I wasn't taught phonics in grade school. I use spell check on every single post I make. Otherwise, you folks would think I was pretty dumb.

Most of the text I add in Elements is only a few words. But sometimes it is enough to make a typo likely and/or just a flat out misspelling. I am not aware of any way to run spell check on a text layer.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I sure wish there was one. I keep a dictionary on my desk and still mess up.
ytsuR, era uoy cixelsyd ekil em? oops sorry ... I meant to ask... are you dyslexic like me? I've always used that excuse for my poor spelling. Thing is, I've gotten much better at it as time goes by. I'm also cross dominant, color blind (red-green), and have a lazy eye. It's a wonder I took up photography... :lol:
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Oh my gosh do I wish there was a way to do that in Elements - I'm not planning on upgrading to 6.0, but if spell check would have been included I would have done it in a heart beat!

Every book I have ever had printed as had at least one typo/spelling error in it. Even when I have had 2-3 other people proof read it. Including my hyper-critical teacher sister.
Hibe wrote: I'm also cross dominant, color blind (red-green), and have a lazy eye. It's a wonder I took up photography... :lol:

So, Gary, how are at traffic lights? do you have to remember which color is on top and which is on bottom.?
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Rusty,

Why not type out your text in Word (or similar programme) first and run the spell check before typing in Elements? And remember that no spellcheck is fautless - for instance it won't pick up that you've misspelt 'their' as 'there'!!

Bayla
Bayla wrote: Rusty,

Why not type out your text in Word (or similar programme) first and run the spell check before typing in Elements? And remember that no spellcheck is fautless - for instance it won't pick up that you've misspelt 'their' as 'there'!!

Bayla

You can never tell what they're thinking either... ;)
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Rusty, welcome to the club, LOL. I have to translate from Spanish to English and then make sure that it is properly spell. I usually if luky end up with Spanglish. :mrgreen:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Gary,

:D :D :D

Bayla
Don,

I didn't realize that have been teaching me Spanglish over the past months with your emails. :mrgreen:
John
14 posts Page 1 of 2