Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
5 posts Page 1 of 1
:? Have got pse5 and would like to know if it is worth upgrading to pse6 any advice helpfull many thanks jon
I can't really say Jon. I don't have 6. I know it has a new extraction tool.

I had a friend that got it and hated the black background. Took it off, gave it away and put 5 back on. :o
If you are still in the learning process, I think you will be fine with 5. That is what I have. :P
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi
Thanks so much for your input. only i saw it for sale cheaply and wondered what i was missing, thanks jon
I have read that the new selection tool is worth the upgrade - and I have seen a review of the enhnaced photostiching that looks very nice. But I'm not sure those two upgrades alone are worth $50 expecially when a lot of the plug-ins/actions I have for PSE5 won't work in PSE6.
one other big downside to 6 is that you can't access LAB mode, as you can in PSE 5.

Other than that, there's really not much different - the selection tools are nice, and I actually prefer the darker interface to the bland grey of 5, but there's not a lot new. It was pretty much made for Vista compatibility.

The subtraction of Lab mode keeps me in 5 some of the time, but I have to admit that I use 6 the most - even more than CS3, especially when do ing a quick edit or fix or print.
5 posts Page 1 of 1