Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all
Can anybody please tell me how i access the lab mode in pse5 what it does and also how i use it many thanks
Jon :cry: :?
Jon, the only way to get to lab mode is with Graffi's actions. I don't think there is any other way. His B/W action set.
Ok thank you suzi
I first discovered that I could have access to Lab mode in this thread:
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/s ... hp?t=24682
I downloaded and tried the add-on by Benny Pedersen. Afterwards, I used Graffi's tools, as already stated. Then I played with smartcurves (at epaperpress dot com) which features curves in Lab mode.
Lab mode is said to enable powerful colour corrections. This mode has its Guru: Dan Margulis. He has a lot of fervent followers who spend a lot of time studying his bible...
For many, Lab use has mainly two reasons: dealing with lightness (tones) separately from colour, and enhancing colours by adding saturation without clipping risks. Any of the 3 above mentionned tools can help you use Lab mode for those purposes, but my experience is that I could achieve equivalent results without Lab. Of course, for professionals dealing with difficult colour problems, it is a powerful tool (requiring a steep learning curve...)
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Michel
thank you so much for your input ,thats a great help.i heard it mentioned on the forum so thought i would ask sorry for sounding stupid. thanks again jon
Jon, there is no stupid question. If you have one ask, someone will try to answer
Hi folks,
Jon said
...sorry for sounding stupid...

I wonder how many people have read a thread like this one, with a self-described "stupid" question, and said to themselves, "I've been wondering about that, too. I'm glad somebody asked."

That's what I said about this question, and then I got reminded that well-integrated personalities don't talk to themselves :D

Thanks for asking, Jon.

Thanks for answering, Michel.

I wasn't talking to myself, dear. I was talking to the PC. That's entirely different. :D

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
there is a stupid question, as my grandfather used to tell me - it's the one you have but don't ask!

LAB rocks, definitely - better sharpening, better light & dark control, and much better control with creating B&W images. Sadly, they stole it away from Elements 6.... :|
That's what I said about this question, and then I got reminded that well-integrated personalities don't talk to themselves

Well integrated personalities are allowed to talk to themselves. Its when they start answering and carrying on conversations that it becomes a problem :!: :mrgreen:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
genevh wrote:
That's what I said about this question, and then I got reminded that well-integrated personalities don't talk to themselves

Well integrated personalities are allowed to talk to themselves. Its when they start answering and carrying on conversations that it becomes a problem :!: :mrgreen:

... in my opinion people are still okay even when they argue with themselves. It's when they start losing those arguments you need to call the men in white jackets.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
10 posts Page 1 of 1