Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Julie, I started to post this in reply to your post in the Newsletter thread but decided to make a new thread.

I am sure you have some great work as the rest of us do. May I suggest that you post some things in your gallery that you have done. Then we can see your work and help you out more. Your Yorkies images at Christmas were so cute and well presented. You just need encouragement to get you going. Your clock the day was a good shot with a lot of possibilities and I for one believe you have it in you to do some awesome work in Elements. You definitely have an eye for taking good pictures to work with. So come on, lets see some in your gallery. Don't be shy. We are your friends and we are here to help each other.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I totally agree with Kim, Julie. The way to learn is through trial and error and getting lots of good input. If you could see some of the stuff I first posted, Ugh. But with the help of all these wonderful people here it is getting better. Still have so much more to learn and want to learn. So start posting!!!!
Thank you ... I'll post more in the upcoming days. What I need is someplace beautiful to take photos like Australia or Hawaii .... now that would work! :)

I've learned so much from you all already and I thank you for that!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
YEAH Julie. I love what you did with the clock. All 4 images are very well done. The post on the first one does look great. Too bad you don't remember what filter you used. One thing I do so I don't have to remember things is name the layer what filter I used, then when I am done I say the image as a .psd as well as my .jpg for posting or printing. I also sometime keep a notepad handy to write down my steps if it isn't possible to label all the layers with everything I do.

I knew you had it in you Julie. Great start so far.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim,
Thank you! :oops:

Saving as a .psd and .jpg is an excellent idea ... I will do that from now on!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, You would be surprised just exactly what good photos you could take if you looked closely around your own back yard or the area where you live. Just keep shooting.....
& get that gallery started. We were all beginners at one time. The more you post the better you feel.
Christell
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
I'm glad I found this thread.
Julie, first let me say I saw your avatar last night and just loved the photo of your Yorkie. How precious!
Last night I was trying to figure out how to create a gallery. Reading this thread made me finally do it and I've uploaded a couple of new photos. I checked your gallery, but didn't see any pictures. I want to see more Yorkie pictures!!! :)
grammom,
The avitar is my little 3.5 pound viper named Priscilla (we have an Elvis, so we needed a Priscilla). She is 18 months old and is the tiniest little thing. A few weeks ago she got caught up in a battery powered sweeper I use and while I was trying to free her from the beater rollers she bit me so hard I thought I was going to have to go to the doctor. It took a few days for her to even come near me again, she thought it was my fault.

Gidget is the other Yorkie that is in my gallery. Gidget is mama's girl and she is around 8 pounds (a little larger than the average Yorkie) but she has a wonderful personality and I wouldn't trade her or Priscilla for anything in this world.

My gallery is visible isn't it? I know I don't have many photos in it but I do have a few. I did adjust the settings to where it wasn't public and only PCE and family could view. Please try the link below my sig and let me know if you see the three albums and you can access them.

Thanks !
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, when I click on the link all I get is a blank page that says "no galleries"
Thanks for checking suzib ... I changed the security level to public, it should now be visible. I'll have to mention this to Jane to see why the PCE and family security level didn't work.

grammom ... click on my gallery link, it's working now.
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
16 posts Page 1 of 2