Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Does Elements take longer to load the more brushes you have installed?
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, I can't say for sure. I keep most of my brushes outside of elements. In a separate folder and just load when I need one.
My understanding is that all the extras you load - brushes, styles custom shapes etc all can slow it down, especially at start up.
yes, yes, yes... :oops:

I have directions on my blog for setting up a brush folder for your downloaded brushes. :P
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Julie, what I did was put all my downloaded brushes in a folder and then when I want to use one I just load it into elements. I don't know if you know how to do this so did a screen shot for you. When you click on load brush just browse to where you have the folder stored and find the brush you want. If you have any questions just ask, ok. My directions sometimes are not real clear.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I'm so glad I asked before I started installing all these brushes. I would have been one unhappy camper! I'll set up a folder instead of installing all at once. Thanks all!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
a much bigger culprit than brushes & styles is fonts - fonts take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to load when you have more than 1000 or so in your system. I cleaned mine out recently (I had over 8500) and it really makes a difference.

And, really - how many handwriting or sans serif or dingbat fonts do I need, anyway??! :D
Graffi wrote: a much bigger culprit than brushes & styles is fonts - fonts take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to load when you have more than 1000 or so in your system. I cleaned mine out recently (I had over 8500) and it really makes a difference.

And, really - how many handwriting or sans serif or dingbat fonts do I need, anyway??! :D

One can never have too many dingbats... :lol:
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
One can never have too many dingbats...

my wife says she only has one :D
Hibe wrote: One can never have too many dingbats... :lol:

And you are our favorite, Gary! :)
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
10 posts Page 1 of 1