Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all
having downloaded graffi,s action lite ,there is an action called create guides,lovelly turqouise vertical an horz lines which are adjustable.can anybody please tell me how to use them? thankyou
jon :cry:
Jon, I have never used them but I think they are for lineing your images up, if you want them even. Not sure but that is how I would use them
Hi, Jon -

Guides are great for setting up a layout or creating crop parameters -

for example, to create a "Rule of Thirds" setup, run the create guides action and enter 33% horizontal, then run it again and enter 66% horizontal, then run it again and enter 33% vertical and again with 66% vertical (be sure to enter the "%" sign or else it'll default to pixels) - - there's your rule of thirds guides!

If you want to set up a frame guide for creating a frame or a crop, enter something like 5% & 95% both horizontal & vertical (I prefer percentages rather than actual pixel or inch dimensions, but you can use "px" for pixels or "in" for inches - for example, to create a guide 1 inch from the left side, enter "1 in" with vertical checked; to create a guideline 50 pixels from the top, enter "50 px" with horizontal checked, etc.)

Of course to remove all guides, just run the "Clear Guides" action, and *poof!* - they're gone!

Hope that helps!
Graffi:
Would you please post your incredible beautifullllll B&W image "Thousand Islands Sun Set" For the spiritual enrichment of all of us. THANK YOU. 8-)
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
"Thousand Islands Sun Set" - - I don't think that's me - I looked, and I don't think I have an image called that! :oops:

I did google it, though -

http://images.google.com/images?q=thous ... nds+sunset

there are some beautiful ones there, but - alas - none are mine
Hi graffi,
That is a great help,thankyou very much cheers again
Jon
Graffi,
Your guides work like a champ.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I just wanted to say thank you to Graffi and let everyone know he is one of the nicest and helpful person you could ever deal with. I downloaded some of his actions, and I'm always screwing up when it comes to downloads, totally my fault that I couldn't get them to download, I emailed Graffi and he promptly emailed me back with the answer I needed to download correctly, as usual I was doing it wrong. My problem was I was trying to make something complicated out of something simple. I recommend his site to anyone wanting useful helpful actions.
8 posts Page 1 of 1