Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys, I recently had family in town and we were walking around the French Quarter. One of my cousins was so excited because she bought four CDs of (or what she thought she bought) old postcard images of the french quarter, old New Orleans and mardi gras. Well when we got home I tried to open the CD's so we could see what she had and it said to "install" which I did but all that opens is the various postcard but only as a choice for a screen saver. She paid about $50.00 for these CDs not realizing they weren't the actual pictures and is really disappointment. Is there way you can take the screensaver images and convert them to JPEG or is there any software program that we can use to do that? They are gorgeous old postcards but she wants to be able to print them out and use them on her scrapbook pages of her trip here not just have them run on her computer as a screen saver. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

LoriG
Most screensavers are just images. What is the file ending on each picture. If you can open up the folder containing the images and see. then you should be able to take them into elements, cs, whatever.
Howdy Lori:
I think the pictures are already JPG's the questions will be:
1- If opening them in the computer and then right click > copy will copy? They may be coded not to open when right clicking.
2- What kind of quality will you get?
3- Are the CD's copywrited ? If so I won't touch them with a ten feet pole. Always read the small words experience is what you get if you don't. :mrgreen:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
When I put the disk in and click on my E drive only two things come up - Install.exe and under that SSONOII.scr. When I click on the SSONOII the images play - but any movement takes me back the the E drive. When I look in my control panel under screen savers its called onoii which I think stands for old new orleans ii (disk 2) and it plays about 100 of the postcard images there and in preview. But once again any movement of my mouse to click on the image it goes back to the screen saver screen. I don't see anything about copyright and if these were old postcards that someone scanned in can the person who made the CD really copyright postcards from the early 1900's?

LoriG
Piece of cake ....

Usually screensavers have a preview mode. Do whatever you need to do to get it in preview mode. When the screensaver photo comes up press Function/Print Screen. (Hint: Don't move mouse or use any other keys on the keyboard.)

Open any picture editing software (Elements, Paint Shop Pro, Ulead, etc). Paste as new image.

There ya go.

Attachments

Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
If you installed the screen saver, you might try digging around on your hard drive to see if the pictures were put into a folder somewhere. I know Webshots now puts a folder in your My Documents where it stores its pictures if you use that as a screen saver. Perhaps this one did also.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Julie, Thank you sooooo much. Your instructions worked perfectly. It will take some time because there are over 100 images on each screensaver disk but it is so worth it. Thanks again from all of us here in New Orleans.

LoriG
LoriG,
You are very welcome! :D
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
8 posts Page 1 of 1