Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
123 posts Page 6 of 13
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13 Next
Gail go to your gallert it will be at the top in the address bar, copy, then paste into your signature.
I've noticed that we now have the ability to post quite large photos in our threads - see Kevin's threads. Is this going to be encouraged? Or will it lead to bogging down the site.

I just love the idea of being able to post a "real" photo in the thread. Hope this option will be encouraged. Judging from the size of Kevin's photos, that size is perfect for getting a good look at someone's work.
I believe it was set up that way for us to enjoy posting directly.
Wags wrote: And if someone posts to a thread you are about to make a post to - the new post shows up above the reply you are typing.

That's a nice feature!

And being able to import an image from your computer to put inline on a post is REALLY nice! Just have to figure out what size to use so that the image doesn't have to scroll -- and so that it doesn't slow down the forum too much.
jo
my gallery
Sony VAIO PC/Windows XT/PSE5/CS3
Canon digital rebel XT
if the longest side is 500 pixels it works well. If you see a scroll bar just click or duh i am not sure click or double click on your image.
Jane, great idea for this thread. After less than 24 hours I feel really good in my new home. :D
Another big Thank You to you Jane.

John
At some point we may have to limit the inline picture size - but it will still be a pretty good size. I like not having to jump back and forth from pixentral.
smack1019 wrote:
stevea wrote: Hi folks,
You can put a link in the text by using BB code, thus:

Code: Select all
 [url=www.whateveritis.urp]This is the text that is the link[/url] 

It's the same "BB code" we had in that other place, and which seems to be a standard in every different BB I've ever been to.

Nice forum, eh?

Steve

Could you explain exactly how to do it please. I found the code button but I still don't see how to make the word the link.
Steve

Hi Other Steve,
The "Code" box is a feature that lets us show actual code in our posts without that code being functional. It is not used when you make an actual link. In my post above, I first included a working link ("This is the text that is the link"), then the "Code" box which displayed the code but neutered it, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see how it is made.

Code: Select all
The example goes in this box, but it won't work

If that makes any sense at all, I'll be overjoyed.

Have fun,
Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Thanks, Judy. Like I said, If it was (or is that were?) a snake...
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
I'm so glad you were able to find us Gail and that you were able to find your gallery too! :)
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13 Next
123 posts Page 6 of 13