Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
123 posts Page 11 of 13
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
I apologize if I'm repeating the same Q asked elsewhere :roll:
I'm having a devil of a time with "expired pages". I can write a very short post, click submit, click the back arrow and then I'm in never never land looking at "this page has expired". I have lost unsent posts this way and, if it was something I had spent a lot of time researching to answer a Q, that ain't a happy feeling. :D

Is there some setting I should be changing in Win IE (internet tools maybe???) so my pages stay active longer? It is only happening to me on this site.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I haven't read this whole thread so don't know if Firefox has been offered as an alternative, Rusty. I use Firefox and haven't experienced the "this page has expired" problem. You might want to try FF.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
I can write a very short post, click submit, click the back arrow and then I'm in never never land looking at "this page has expired".

You really shouldn't have to hit the back button after submitting a post. The forum will take you back to the page you were viewing, including your new post, after a few seconds without hitting any buttons. At least, that's what Firefox does. After that, if you want to get back to where you started from and you start hitting the back button, it will take you past the window you wrote your post in, and at that point it will be blank. But it shouldn't matter anyway as you already submitted your post.

I'll try this again after submitting this post just to make sure! :mrgreen:

Edit: It behaved pretty much as I described, except that I did see the text window with what I typed in it when I hit the back arrow the first time, then to a blank box, then to the forum page where I started. But then again, I am using Firefox.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene, I didn't make myself clear.

If I leave the "post screen", for some reason, before I click submit...
and get the page expired screen, I usually end up completely losing the post and have to start all over.

One might say, "Well, Dummy, don't leave that screen!" :P
Sometimes I leave by error; if the page hasn't expired, the back arrow would bring me right back where I was.

Rusty

Ah...now that's a horse of a different color. (Sorry...couldn't resist!)

I tried that too and just got a blank box when I went back. Didn't get the "page expired" message. Beyond that, I ain't sayin' a word! :|
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Yeah, sometimes I get the blank box too.

Moral of the story ... don't screw up and leave the page before clicking submit!

Rusty

Rusty wrote: Yeah, sometimes I get the blank box too.

Moral of the story ... don't screw up and leave the page before clicking submit!

Rusty

I discovered all the above, particularly when I would try to go get one of the Best Smileys.com. I keep being reminded of the ancient adage PPPPPPP (Proper Prior Planning Prevents....) You'd think, with all this grey hair, I would have figured it out by now. Oh well.
11_smile13.gif
11_smile13.gif (1.01 KiB) Viewed 10533 times
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
HELP! Last night I was up late, uploading pages for a book that I'll be having PrestoPhoto produce for me. This morning, I see that some of the pages are showing as "recent images" on the right-hand side bar. I guess I thought only pictures I put into my PCE gallery would show up there. I'm a little embarrassed, because even the title page is showing there . . . as if I'd want to show that off! :lol: I certainly hope that all 38 of my pictures didn't cycle through there. And it doesn't seem they did, but . . . how can I keep this from happening? And what did I do differently to these few that are showing up, than to the others? Questions, questions, questions. :mrgreen:

Thanks for anyone's help.
The pictures for you book need to be in a seperate gallery - and then you can select "private" as your security option.
Thanks, Jane. They are in a separate gallery, and I selected "private" every time I uploaded more pictures (but . . . maybe I missed it on these two pages????). It appeared I had to select private with every upload, not for the entire gallery. Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for helping out :D You're "aces."
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
123 posts Page 11 of 13