Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
43 posts Page 2 of 5
ladybug wrote: suzib, love your picture. For the frame i used the brushed metal tutorial that graffi posted. I am having a wee bit of trouble with the metal sheen tutorial probably because i am tired, will try again later. Susan i love your yard art.
Here's my first attempt at a sketch.
liam-grace-oldweb.jpg
(91.56 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

Susan I really loved the "triplets picture" I may try that. My daughter would get a real kick out of it.
Steve
My Thotful Spot

An Irishman’s heart is nothing but his imagination.
-George Bernard Shaw
a comic book effect: (Click thumb for fullsize)

I think everyones art is just great. Keep them coming.
Sorry for the second post but I just tried a tutorial I had printed out and never done from the PET forum. It was Creative homework week #14. I opened a picture of Carmel, CA that my brother sent to me and saved it as a psd file (it was a jpeg). Then I went to Filters, Texture, Texturizer, Load Texture and loaded the picture I had just saved. I set the scale at 100% so it would match the original and played with the relief slider to get the amount of texture that I liked. Then I went a step further and changed the blend mode to pin light. I was blown away by the difference this simple texturizer tutorial made to the picture. Hope there will be some people here (like me) that didn't catch this one the first time around! Sorry, I don't know who posted it but thank you very much!

Attachments

Youth is ageless for those who know how to play!
PSE5 & 6;Dell Computer;Nikon Digital Camera
Susan's Gallery
Oh, I love them. What great ideas! I'm afraid my photographic inspiration is a bit low right now.
did another

mushrooms.jpg
mushrooms.jpg (110.75 KiB) Viewed 477 times
IMG_3625mon.jpg
(51.83 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

Here is my Monday art...with a photo I took yesterday.
Have a blessed day today & always
Amanda
Official Website~Challenges & Photo Blog~Design Blog
My PrestoPhoto Gallery Anna's ABC Book
Canon 300D, Canon 50mm, Sigma 28-80 w/ macro, 430EX Speedlite, PSE5, LR2, Win XP...and Santa's bringing a 40D!!
looks great. What did you do to the image itself..like the look
I started out to do a soft orton-ish image...
so duplicated 2x, set top layer to screen, merged with 1st dup, duplicated that set to multiply with a gaus blur of around 15,
duplicated that and did a b/w conversion set to saturation,
added a vingette frame (oval selection, select inverse, feather 45 px,
merged visable (ctrl, alt, shift, e)
duplicate, invert blend to soft light reduce opacity to 47%,
merged visable,
applied gradient map "copper" reverse.
Photo effects, image effects, old photo, blend soft light 75% opacity
Photo Effects, image effects, oil pastel
duplicated frame layer, ctrl click (select), filled with a pink from shirt
new layer with selection still visable painted on decorative with "Japanesse Foliage" brushes, layer style outer bevel
added a small border with rectangular marquee, filled with color, applied scalloped bevel style
Have a blessed day today & always
Amanda
Official Website~Challenges & Photo Blog~Design Blog
My PrestoPhoto Gallery Anna's ABC Book
Canon 300D, Canon 50mm, Sigma 28-80 w/ macro, 430EX Speedlite, PSE5, LR2, Win XP...and Santa's bringing a 40D!!
43 posts Page 2 of 5