Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I have the Suite of PSE 5 and Premiere 3, which I only just got in July (which is why I don't know what I'm doing!). Should I upgrade to 6/4? It seems like that is the way to go. Have any of you upgraded already? Just looking for opinions. Thanks for everything.
Kevin
PSE 5 Premiere 3
Kevin's Gallery
Kevin,
I have no plans on updating to PSE6. Version 5 has all the bells and whistles I can handle for now.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Hi Kevin,

I just upgraded to PSE6/PE4 from PSE5 and PE2. The reason that I upgraded was mainly because I wanted the upgrade for Premiere Elements. And, if you buy the bundle it really doesn't cost a whole lot more to include PSE6.

Last year I didn't upgrade from PE2 because, from what I read, it seemed like PE3 was a little unstable and I was doing OK with PE2. PE4 seems to generally get better reviews. But, I have to admit that I haven't really worked on a project with it as yet -- just mainly looked around. I like the idea of the integration of the Organizer between both products.

I wasn't really going to upgrade to PSE6 because there isn't a lot new over PSE5. Again, it was the price thing that made me buy the bundle. I didn't want to get caught later paying more if I changed my mind and wanted both products. To my surprise, the more I use PSE6 the more I like it. I like the new color scheme (I didn't at first), although I have to say that it is easier to read on a desktop than it is on a laptop. There's a new selection tool that is very good. The much improved panoramic merge is great. I often merge 3-5 shots together and with PSE5 it was always telling me that it couldn't be done automatically. Or if it did create the panoramic, there always was something that I had to really play around with in order for it to look good. I did several panoramics the other day with as many as 5 photos. I used photos that PSE5 couldn't seem to put together, and presto they were great. A simple crop and I was set to go.

Sorry this got rather long, but to summarize, If you are interested in either one, I would buy the bundle. The imporvements that I mentioned in PSE6 were more than I expected and PE4 looks good too. :) There are trial copies available for download on the Adobe site if you want to test drive them. They are full-featured 30-day trials. I also read somewhere that Best Buy has already advertised a really good price for the day after Thanksgiving (I think it was $90-but I'm not positive.)

Good luck and let me know what you decide.
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
Thanks for the info Amy. Like the gallery too!
Kevin
PSE 5 Premiere 3
Kevin's Gallery
I am still deciding whether I am going to upgrade, I have PSE4. I don't know anything about PE. I would like to learn though.
Brenda
I went for it and ordered it, should be getting it today as a matter of fact. Mostly I like the changes to PE, which I do use quite a bit for slideshows. I will give everyone my impressions in case you are considering it.

Thanks again.
Kevin
PSE 5 Premiere 3
Kevin's Gallery
My approach would be on upgrades is to leapfrog ...
2 to 4 to 6...
1 to 3 to 5 ...

Dont think you are going to miss very much
If you ahve expertise with say 5 then 6 isnt likely to excite you very much
You will most always work around whetever you are trying to do...
However if 5 is on you PC you might just get a tad excited when update 7 gets close
Well I did the update, for a few reasons. Forst, I am still an extreme newbie and have only had 5/3 since around August. Since I am still learning (mostly with the help of others here) I felt that much of the new info that may be on the market might relate to the most recent version, so I might learn better.

I have to say that so far I do love the 6/4 Suite. There are a numboer of logistical things that I like. For example the Organizer and Premiere share the same catalog. But really I think that many of the improvements are probably better for newbies rather than the more experienced among us. It really has shown me with a bit more of a guided hand where many of the adjustments might be and seems to either bring up more sliders. Actually maybe those sliders were there anyway, I just didn't know where to get them.

There also seem from the book (since I have not done any work with it yet) that Premiere has a number of additional themes and applications that might be fun All in all it seems like the right thing to do.

I will keep you all up to date.
Kevin
PSE 5 Premiere 3
Kevin's Gallery
Kevin have you had time to play around with premier 4? You being new to it I just wanted to know your opinion. I'm going to jump into the combo upgrade too based on price but really am interested in premier 4 for slide shows and I like how you said that the organizer and premier are intergrated.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Not yet Jen. I hope to be able to do that soon. Over the next few days hopefully or at least over the holiday weekend. I will keep you up to date.
Kevin
PSE 5 Premiere 3
Kevin's Gallery
10 posts Page 1 of 1