Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi folks
Just hoping that somebody out there has got the answer to my question, I am using PSE5 when i open up the organizer then click on a collection to open up thats ok if i right click on the collection thumbnail you are given the option to reorder by showing oldest date first help i think i have clicked by mistake because i now cant show newest first please please help i cant seem to find it anywhere many thanks jon
Good Morning Jon! It has been quit sometime since I used the organizer, but if my memory serves me correctly it's under the file menu. If that doesn't work check the organizer preferences. Let me know if this works. :)
Hi smiles
Thanks for your help what you suggested is great for the main pics when organizer opens up.After its open if you open up a collection then right click on yhe thumbnail you are given the option to re order by oldest first i believe ive clicked by mistake.i am looking to show newest first. any more help would be great thanks jon :cry:
Jon, try Ctrl+Alt+1. Otherwise it is under View>Arrangement. How does that work for you? :?:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Hi Hukara
Tried what you suggested ctrl+Alt+1 that removed thumbnail detail only, View >arrangement made no differance either.I can manually move the photos around by date number in each collection and they will stay there its just a shame you cant just one click somewhere. I wonder weather the re-order oldest first option perhaps is the PSE5 default. anymore advice for me thanks jon
I have found that the only way to influence the collection order is to reorder it manually, or change the order in the 'all photos' view in the lower left-hand corner. If that is set to oldest first, the collection will also show oldest first and vice versa. In the collection view, that spot in the lower left-hand corner shows a greyed-out 'collection view'. Under the 'view' drop-down box the option is also greyed out. I don't know any other options. This is one of the many reasons I now have Elements 6! :roll:
Es
Photoshop CC, Premiere and Elements 13
Ester
Thankyou very much for your help,i can only think that i just imagined it showed the newest first.and that as you say the way to do it is manually sorry for being silly just thought id clicked it show oldest first then paniced because i couldnt find the answer.because there isnt one.thanks again jon
Hi Jon
Unless I am not understanding your question, in Organizer 5.0 you can switch from “Date (Newest First)” to “Date (Oldest First)” any time you wish by simply clicking the box in the lower left corner of your Organizer screen.

Wayne
WayneS

Golf is 90% mental ..... the other 10% is in your head
Hi Wayne
When you open the organizer in 5 all your photos are displayed,but if you then decide to open up a collection your photos are displayed . if you then right click on the collection thumbnail it brings up a box with i think 3 or 4 options in it one of which is re-order with oldest showing first.i wont to know if its possible to show newest first or do they have to be moved manually ?

Jon
Hi Jon
Obviously, I didn't understand your question! From what I have learned, you are quite correct
I had never set up collections before this evening, so I read up on the subject in the "Help" section, and set up a simple collection. From playing around with it and trying many different things, it would appear that the only way to show your collection by newest date is to set it up manually.
Sorry to confuse the issue on my original reply

Wayne
WayneS

Golf is 90% mental ..... the other 10% is in your head
10 posts Page 1 of 1