Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
12 posts Page 1 of 2
This has been bugging me for a while now. I love the tagging feature in elements, but don't like finding the actual file if I want to do something with it outside of elements. Also, I don't know why but sometimes the computer down loads my photos twice, and still doesn't bring them into elements, I have to go get them. So step by step, how do you get your photo from camera to computer? Do you use the files Adobe sets up for you, or create your own? I really want to make a change, but I have one too many disconnected photos to jump in with out advice.
Maureen
I download my images using the download for the camera. They go right into my pictures folder in a separate folder by date. I don't use the organizer in elements at all. Like my own filing system better. I don't know if this helps, if not I am sure some else will be along soon to help you. A big welcome to you.
Welcome Maureen....first things are first.

I use the adobe downloader when I plug in my camera or put in a memory stick that has photos on it the adobe downloader comes up. I will install the photos that you have selected or all of them, rename them and put them in a file where you want, it's very easy. I have done the get photos that were on the computer but for new photos adobe take care of it, it is automatic.

I will go look to see how I have it set up and you can then check your settings. Give me a little bit to do that for you.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Ok.........this is exactly what you need to check to see if your downloader is active.

Go into organizer/Edit/Preferences/camera or card reader
You can chose your download options by download/subfolder/deletion options. Make sure that the box is checked next to Auto Launch Adobe Photo Downloader.

Let me know if you are still having problems.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Welcome Maureen!

I use ACDSee Photo Manager to download and organize my pictures - I just never could come to grips with Elements Organizer.
I use my own file system, and then LR to keep track of it for me. I never did like the Organizer.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
jenclark wrote: Ok.........this is exactly what you need to check to see if your downloader is active.

Go into organizer/Edit/Preferences/camera or card reader
You can chose your download options by download/subfolder/deletion options. Make sure that the box is checked next to Auto Launch Adobe Photo Downloader.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Thanks Jen. I am starting with your suggestion as it is the closest to what I do now. I have PSE4, I suspect your version is different b/c I got to where you said, but those options were not there. I do have it on auto download.

Do you start your download with adobe open or closed, I feel like it is making a difference in my problem.
Maureen
Maureen,

My downloader is always on so whenever I plug in a camera/memory stick or whatever it sees photos and starts the process of which I can stop at any time. I have to go to a Football banquet for my son today and when I get back I will do some checking to see what I can do to find exact instructions for you in version 4.
Jen Clark
genevh wrote: I use my own file system, and then LR to keep track of it for me. I never did like the Organizer.

What is LR?
Maureen
jenclark wrote: Maureen,

My downloader is always on so whenever I plug in a camera/memory stick or whatever it sees photos and starts the process of which I can stop at any time. I have to go to a Football banquet for my son today and when I get back I will do some checking to see what I can do to find exact instructions for you in version 4.

Jen,

That is ok, I am going to upgrade to 6 pretty soon. So instead of that answer me this. You are going through the organizer, you find a photo you want to upload for printing - what is the easiest way to know where that photo is? I can never get the program to give me the file location - I always have to go out and hunt for it.
Maureen
12 posts Page 1 of 2