Anything and everything about Photoshop Elements
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Can anybody please answer this question,I am using PSE5 Alongside Premier 3.I have just downloaded ACR 4.3 into PSE5 DO I ALSO HAVE TO DOWNLOAD INTO PREMIER 3 AS WELL I HAVE LOOKED INTO THE PREMIER 3 PSA FILE AND FIND 8bi FILE but IT says ITS A READ ONLY FILE SO DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE ADVICE ME THANKS JON
i am petty sure it is for elements only I was wrong here are the instructions.

To install with Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0:

1. Exit Adobe Premiere Elements.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C:)
4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0\Plug-Ins\Common\PSA

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step 4.

7. Launch Adobe Premiere Elements.
I downloaded and installed ACR 4.3 in both PE5 and Premiere 3 without mishap.

The only thing I do different that the Adobe "Official" instructions is that instead of moving the Old RAW to another site - I just rename it in its folder to "OLD_Camera Raw.8bi"

That way, if problems develop, I can always rename it back and we are just as before. If you move it you have to remember where!

Jon Said -

Can anybody please answer this question,I am using PSE5 Alongside Premier 3.I have just downloaded ACR 4.3 into PSE5 DO I ALSO HAVE TO DOWNLOAD INTO PREMIER 3 AS WELL I HAVE LOOKED INTO THE PREMIER 3 PSA FILE AND FIND 8bi FILE but IT says ITS A READ ONLY FILE SO DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO PLEASE ADVICE ME THANKS JON

I looked at the Properties>>Attributes on my copy and it was not a read-only file The size was 10,202 KB. I assume you got it from Adobe Here

I would try the download, unzip and copy to correct folders again for both Photoshop Elements and Premier and see if it works out.

Good luck,
fogdrip

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow" - Mark Twain
What does this update have new besides new camera profiles?
Hi suzi
Thanks for the help with ACR 4.3 Already downloaded into PSE5. Ive had Preimer 3 installed for about 6 months still a virgin with regards to most of the operations. But it was only yesterday i found out that the camara raw is also in prem 3 and its a good idea to keep that updated also many thanks jon ;)
Fogdrip
My mistake i tried to move the wrong 8bi file while in psa thanks again all done now. jon
suzib wrote: What does this update have new besides new camera profiles?

Suzi, just the new camera profiles this time.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
thanks Chuck, not much sense in me getting it then
Jon.p wrote: Fogdrip
My mistake i tried to move the wrong 8bi file while in psa thanks again all done now. jon

That's great! Always best to have the latest software. I tried it out and did not notice any difference in my RAW photos - but at this mature stage you would not expect dramatic changes in the ACR setup - it already works pretty well!

Glad it worked out :D
fogdrip

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow" - Mark Twain
Well if its there and free why not make use of it thats what i say thanks again jon
10 posts Page 1 of 1